“Battle Tower Blitz” is the 18th level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s second episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Battle Tower Blitz,” but it’s not easy to pull off while struggling with finding the gems. It’s much easier to do it in two separate runs. Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Enter the first Clear Pipe Cannon and launch yourself up to the first fight. Use the barricades to block yourself from the Fire Bros’ fireballs.
- Pull a turnip from one of the Pluck Patches and use it to take out the Fire Bro on the ground level.
- Climb the ladder he was guarding and step on the P-switch.
- Drop back down and enter the Clear Pipe that just opened.
- You’ll pop out above the other Fire Bros. Just drop off each step onto their heads to take them all out. When the last one is dealt with, the bridge will fall to the next area.
- Don’t cross the bridge yet, though. Go back to the Clear Pipe. There’s a branch in the pipe where you’ll pick up Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Fire yourself up to the next tower. You’ll have to deal with a pair of Magikoopas here.
- Pull a turnip from the Pluck Patch in the center. You’ll be throwing the turnip into one of the clear pipes here, but they cross in the back.
- When the Magikoopas pause to attack you, throw your turnip into the opposite pipe.
- When both Magikoopas are dealt with, another bridge will fall, leading you to another cannon.
- The Toad Brigade is waiting at the next tower. There’s a ladder to the right of the Clear Pipe Cannon there. Climb down to find a small balcony and Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- At the next tower, you’ll climb a tall ladder. Run past all of the enemies — you can ignore all of them — until you can dodge between the three Hammer Bros and enter the Turnip Canon.
- There’s no penalty for taking your time here, so just shoot everything. Take out all the enemies and blocks you can find.
- On a small platform in the back left from where you started, you’ll find Super Gem 3 under some brick blocks.
- Make sure you don’t miss the last two Hammer Bros between you and the Power Star.
- Once the last Hammer Bro is defeated, the final bridge will fall.
- Cross it to collect the Power Star.
To complete this level’s Bonus Challenge, you’ll need to collect 170 coins. There aren’t many more than that available in the level, so you’ll have to collect nearly every one.
- Check around every tower for invisible coins.
- On the tower with with turnip cannon, there are multi-coin Pluck Patches. You’ll find them as you evade the enemies, so be careful collecting them.
- Take out everything with the turnip cannon.
Work your way through the level to the tower with the turnip cannon. Clear off all the brick blocks from the front left platform. You’ll find Pixel Toad on the ground underneath.