“Rolling Inferno” is the first level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s third episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Rolling Inferno.” It’s much easier to do it in two separate runs. Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
This level’s Bonus Challenge is to collect 75 coins. That means collecting every coin you can find — we found just over 80 total in the level. It’s not super difficult, but it does mean dodging the Charvaargh a few extra times.
Super Gem 1
- When the level starts, wait for the Charvaargh to get out of your way, then run forward and to the left.
- Follow along the left edge of the level to the back — and collect the pile of coins while you’re there for the Bonus Challenge.
- Wait out the Charvaargh again, then run diagonally across the two green drums so you fall onto the moving platform.
- Ride the platform to the bottom, then go through the small tunnel there toward the middle of the level.
- You’ll find Super Gem 1 on the other side of the wall.
Super Gem 2
- Ride the platform back up from Super Gem 1. At the top, step off onto the stone ledge along the back side of the level.
- You’ll have to wait out the Charvaargh once again, then run diagonally onto the long green drum. Follow that drum to the end to pick up Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- From Super Gem 2, run back along the green drum until you can drop off of the side onto the other moving platform.
- Ride it to the edge of the level, then walk back.
- Wait for the Charvaargh to pass, then go around the corner to find Super Gem 3.
- From Super Gem 3, just cross back to the moving platform.
- You’ll have to watch out for the Charvaargh one more time. Then you can just grab the Power Star.
When the level begins, spin the camera all the way around to the back. Pixel Toad will be jumping on the left side just above the lava.