“Pickax Cave Plummet” is the fourth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s third episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s not possible to complete the Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Pickax Cave Plummet.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Grab the moving Pluck Patch at the top of the level to get a Super Pickax.
- Head over to the water in the corner. At the bottom, aim for the single brick in the ground.
- Fall through to pick up Super Gem 1.
- Pull the switch at the bottom to come back up top.
Super Gem 2
- From the top of the level, get to the corner with the sign. Pull the Pluck Patch near the hole for another Super Pickax, then drop into the hole.
- Work your way to the corner to find a hole and drop down another level.
- As you move left, there’s another moving Pluck Patch with another Super Pickax.
- Continue around the corner. When you drop to the next level, turn back to the right to collect Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Continue working your way through the level — there’s really only one path, so there aren’t any turns to worry about.
- You’ll fight your way past some Mud Troopers, then come around another corner where you’ll pick up another Super Pickax.
- Drop down two more levels. When you get to the last level before the end — you’ll see a pile of gold coins below you — head to the left and look for a single brick block in the floor. Smash that block and drop into the left side of the last room.
- Grab the moving Pluck Patch for one last Super Pickax and smash through the brick block wall to find Super Gem 3.
- If you’ve still got the pickax from picking up Super Gem 3, use it to dispatch all the Mud Troopers. Otherwise, just avoid them on your way to pick up the Power Star.
There’s no trick to completing this level’s Bonus Challenge, you just have to complete the level without breaking any blocks. Avoid picking up the Super Pickaxes (and if you do, just don’t go near any blocks) and just make your way through the level until you drop all the way to the bottom.
At the start of the level, grab either of the Super Pickaxes and drop into the water. Smash the brick block in the ground just like you did to collect Super Gem 1 above. This time, when you pull the switch to return, you’ll find Pixel Toad behind the platform that rises.