“Stumpy Springs Sanctuary” is the fifth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s third episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete the Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Stumpy Springs Sanctuary.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- When the level starts, walk under the chute that leads to the Power Star. There’s a ladder there that leads down to the water.
- In the water, loop around to the left to pick up Super Gem 1.
Super Gem 2
- Climb back up to where you started the level. Climb the ladder on the right, then go around the corner and through the log — just take care to avoid the Ant Trooper.
- At the other end of the log, drop off the ledge and climb up the ladder on your left.
- Go through the next log and past the pair of Ant Troopers. Turn left at the end and drop out of the log.
- Cross the wooden bridge, then step on the P-Switch in the corner.
- Turn around and climb onto the bridge as it gets blasted upwards.
- Climb off onto the log at the top of the level. Walk to the middle to drop inside, then backtrack to the end to collect Super Gem 2.
Super Gem 3
- Walk to the other end of the top log, where you’ll drop back down to the ground and land on another P-Switch. This one will start the top log rotating.
- Walk straight forward from the P-Switch toward the edge of the level. Turn left to go collect Super Gem 3.
Golden Mushroom and Bonus Challenge
- Retrace your steps to get back on top of the (now rotating) log at the top of the level. Don’t drop inside this time, just stay at the end while it rotates around.
- Carefully step off of the log to fall onto the log with only one hole in the top — the one on the back side of the level.
- Avoid the Ant Trooper and walk around the hole in the log to the other end.
- With your headlamp on, you’ll see an invisible Pluck Patch there where you’ll find a Golden Mushroom and complete the Bonus Challenge for this level.
- Retrace your steps (again) to get up to the log at the top of the level.
- Drop down inside and stand next to the hole in the bottom — the one you fell through the first time.
- Wait for it to rotate above the chute, then drop down. Head inside to grab the Power Star.
Loop around the level to the first P-Switch. When you activate it, the wooden bridge will drop down before launching upwards. When it’s near the water, you’ll be able to see Pixel Toad peeking over the top.