“Mine Cart Ruins Rumble” is the ninth level of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker’s third episode. Every level has three Super Gems and one Power Star. Each also has a Bonus Challenge to complete.
It’s possible to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge while collecting the Super Gems in “Mine Cart Ruins Rumble.” Below, you’ll find a guide to help you collect everything. You can follow along step-by-step from the beginning, or our helpful section titles and images will let you jump straight to any area you’re struggling with.
Super Gem 1
- Dodge past the Mud Troopers at the beginning of the level, then climb the ladder and jump into the first turnip cart.
- There’s nothing to worry about collecting during this ride, so just shoot turnips at whatever you want.
- When you get out of this first cart, dodge and weave past some more Mud Troopers and hop into the next turnip cart.
- As soon as you’re in, turn to the right and start firing into the pyramid of brick blocks. Super Gem 1 is inside. Keep firing until you get it.
Super Gem 2
- Three turns after you picked up Super Gem 1, you’ll start up a short incline. Turn to your right as you climb.
- Fire through the Mud Troopers at the POW block in the middle of the platform. Once they’re cleared, fire into the alcove at the back to pick up Super Gem 2.
1-Up Mushroom and Bonus Challenge
- After Super Gem 2, you’ll descend a little, then loop around. Your cart will drop off a cliff. When you land, there’s a row of Question Mark Blocks high on the wall ahead of you.
- Shoot the POW block in the middle, then shoot the 1-Up Mushroom that pops of just to the left of center to complete this level’s Bonus Challenge.
Super Gem 3
- Once you collect the 1-Up Mushroom above, immediately spin around to your left.
- High on the wall there, there’s a line of brick blocks.
- Shoot through the blocks to pick up Super Gem 3.
- Ride the cart to the end to pick up the Power Star.
When the level begins, start into the tunnel on the right. Look to the left of the mine cart tracks for a bird. That bird is sitting on Pixel Toad.