Cyberpunk 2077’s braindances are kind of like virtual reality puzzles. The first one you’ll do (immediately after the tutorial) takes place as part of “The Job,” and it involves Evelyn, Yorinobu, and a bunch of hidden items and confusing objectives.
We’re writing this Cyberpunk 2077 walkthrough in a specific order. Follow these steps, in this order, and you’ll clear every objective — including optional objectives. We’ve played this a lot, and following these steps was the only way we could clear every timeline.
You’ll have three objectives as you arrive:
- Examine the braindance in Analysis Mode to find the Relic.
- Scan the apartment’s security systems. [Optional]
- Watch the whole recording from Evelyn’s point of view. [Optional]
We’ll start with the second “whole recording” optional objective, because you’ll lose it if you start working on others first.
Watch the whole recording from Evelyn’s point of view. [Optional]
Completing this optional objective is as simple as avoiding the temptation to switch layers. If you switch between layers, this optional objective disappears. You’ll have to press play when T-Bug interjects and the video pauses a couple of times. Ignore T-Bug’s advice. Just press play and watch the scene play out, well, from Evelyn’s point of view.
While you’re watching, the Visual and Audio layers will fill up with areas to scan.
This objective’s text will turn green when Evelyn climbs on top of Yorinobu, right before the END OF RECORDING message appears.
Rewind to the beginning, and we’ll work on the security systems.
Scan the apartment’s security systems. [Optional]
Pause the moment that the elevator door opens, keep yourself on the yellow Visual Layer, and you can scan three things immediately.
- Smasher. That big, vulgar cyborg (?) is a target.
- Alarm system. Look for a vertical rectangle on the wall to the right of the door.
- Motion sensor camera above the door to the left of the alarm system.
That’ll clear the first three yellow areas at the left of the yellow Visual Layer.
As Evelyn approaches Yorinobu, you can scan another part of the apartment’s security system. A motion sensor camera is on the ceiling above where Yorinobu sits while talking on the phone.
A bit later on, as Evelyn and Yorinobu begin making their way to the bedroom, look to the ceiling between the area with the couch and the bedroom. You’ll find a large automated turret and another small motion sensor camera.
That’ll complete the optional objective. Rewind to the beginning.
In the audio layer, scan Yorinobu’s phone as he talks.
Switch to the green Audio Layer, and head to the lounge area with the TV. As Yorinobu talks, you can scan two things.
- The TV. Scan the TV beyond Yorinobu. Behind it is an area for ventilation and cooling. (Interesting.)
- The phone. Scan Yorinobu’s phone as he talks.
That’ll clear the green Audio Layer, and you’ll get a new objective.
In the visual layer, scan Yorinobu’s data pad while it’s turned on.
Switch back to the yellow Visual Layer, and fast-forward all the way to the part in the video when Yorinobu lays down on his bed. It’s near the end. Fly the camera to to the bedroom, where you can scan two things:
- Liberty. There’s a gun sitting on the table at the foot of Yorinobu’s bed.
- Datapad. Fly the camera to Yorinobu, and point your camera at his datapad. Play until you get the magnifying glass marker.
That’s everything in the Visual Layer. Your timelines should be blank now, and you’ve unlocked the Thermal Layer — and a new objective.
Scan for thermal clues to find the Relic.
At this point you’re looking for the Relic location, but you can find a handful of false leads, too. Just rewind from the bedroom, here’s what you’ll see.
- AC. Look for a vent high up on the wall to between where Yorinobu is lying on his bed and where Evelyn interacts with the touchscreen on the wall.
- Champagne and ice bucket. About halfway through the braindance, you can scan the Donoaghy’s champagne and ice bucket on the table next to where Evelyn and Yorinobu hug.
- Fridge. As Evelyn pours some champagne, you can scan the fridge just to her left.
- Hidden Safe. Just before Evelyn walks to the pour herself some champagne, she’ll be by the TV, and Yorinobu will be near the champagne and fridge. You’ll find the hidden safe pas the wall with a hole in it, near the windows.
Exit the braindance when you’re ready.
That’s it. You cleared it, V.