New York Comic-Con is this weekend and Digital comics distributor Comixology is celebrating the East Coast’s largest pop culture and comics convention with a massive sale on hundreds of titles, from massive hits to weird indies.
Comixology’s sale is divided into sections, with collections of comics grouped by publisher, hero or theme. The DC Volume 1 Sale discounts the first volumes in some of the publisher’s best series, including my personal favorite, Batgirl of Burnside, to $5 each. Nearly every Walking Dead comic ever published is at least 50 percent off. There are four horror sales just in time for Halloween. And that’s just a few of the 20 collections on sale, most of which include at least 50 titles.
Between the MCU, DC Extended Universe, and Netflix’s Archie reboots, there is about to be an abundance of comic book-based media properties to consume. This is a great time to catch up with Venom, Captain Marvel, Aquaman and Sabrina Spellman before their upcoming big- or small-screen debuts.
For the full list of comics on sale this weekend, head over to Comixology’s sale page. Some highlights from the sale are below.
- DC Volume 1 Sale: First volumes of DC series for $4.99.
- Image Comics Sale: 50 percent off Image comics (Saga, Paper Girls, East of West) with code IMAGE. Ends Oct. 14.
- Dark Horse Sale: 50 percent off Dark Horse comics (Hellboy, American Gods, The Witcher) with code DARKHORSE. Ends Oct. 8.
- The Walking Dead Sale: 50+ percent off The Walking Dead comics. Ends Oct. 14.
- Archie Sale: 50 percent off Archie comics, including Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, with code ARCHIE.
- Captain Marvel and the Avengers Sale: Up to 67 percent off comics featuring Captain Marvel, Black Panther and the rest of the Avengers. Ends Oct. 8.
- Venom Sale: Up to 67 percent off Venom comics. Ends Oct. 13.
- Doc-Ocktober Sale: Up to 67 percent off Spider-Man comics featuring Doc Ock. Ends Oct. 8.