November is here, which means that the biggest shopping holiday of the year, Black Friday (and its close relative Cyber Monday), is a mere three weeks away. The deals are already starting to trickle in — Target and Kohl’s both released ads this week detailing the discounts they’ll be offering on the day after Thanksgiving, which include some excellent gaming hardware sales. While you’ll have to wait until Nov. 23rd for the biggest deals, Target is currently offering a nice buy-two-get-one-free sale on all video games and board games (plus movies and children’s books). That seems like a good opportunity to knock out a few gift purchases.
Also on sale this week is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti graphics card for $349. Usually $499, Nvidia’s older generation 10-series GPU is a solid piece of hardware. B&H is also throwing in a free PC download of Monster Hunter: World. The graphics card is currently backordered, but B&H expects more stock in about 7-10 days.
Polygon readers can still take advantage of an exclusive discount on RavPower’s powerful (read: can charge your Nintendo Switch while playing) USB-C portable charger. Normally $74.99, use code RP35TVG at checkout to grab it for $49.39.
Finally, in the pre-show before BlizzCon opening ceremonies, Steve Cotton, developer of Destiny 2: Forsaken, announced that the Destiny 2 base game will be free for all players until Nov. 18. Just log in to a Battle.net account before that date and the game is yours forever.
Sometimes the weekend is just too short: join us on Twitter for all the latest deals throughout the week.
Consoles and Hardware
- Nintendo Switch + Diablo 3 at Newegg for $329.98 (usually $359.96).
- PlayStation 4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle at Amazon for $399 (usually $459.99).
- Xbox One S 1TB bundle + Red Dead Redemption 2 + two extra controllers + $5 Xbox gift card at Walmart for $258.92 (usually $403.96).
- Xbox One S NBA 2K19 bundle + 3rd Generation Echo Dot at Amazon for $299.99.
- Xbox One X NBA 2K19 bundle + 3rd Generation Echo Dot at Amazon for $472.99.
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Graphics Card + Monster Hunter: World on PC at Newegg for $349.99 (usually $499.99).
- Xbox One X 1 TB Fallout 76 bundle pre-order at Amazon for $499.99 (to be released Nov. 14).
- PlayStation Classic pre-order at GameStop and Best Buy for $99.99 (to be released Dec. 3).
- Red Dead Redemption 2 + Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One for $69.99 (usually $120).
- FIFA 19 digital code on Switch at Amazon for $39.99 (usually $59.99).
- Sid Meier’s Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition on PC at Green Man Gaming for $21.17 (usually $79.99).
- Doom on PC at Green Man Gaming for $10 (usually $19.99).
- Total War games on PC are up to 75 percent off at Fanatical.
- Video games (and board games, movies and children’s books) are buy-two-get-one-free at Target.
- Nintendo Switch HORIPAD Wired Controller at Amazon for $15.97 (usually $19.99). Available to Prime members only.
- Marvel Knights digital comics sale at Comixology includes up to 67 percent off comics starring Black Panther, Spider-Man, Captain America and more.
- 8BitDo N30 Arcade Stick at Amazon for $40.10 (usually $59.99).
- Three-month Xbox Live subscription + three months free at Amazon for $24.99.
Commerce Team Picks
- The Super Smash Bros Ultimate Switch bundle was released yesterday, with a download code that can be redeemed when the game launches on Dec. 7. Plus, Nintendo announced this week in a Smash-themed Nintendo Direct, that anyone who pre-orders the upcoming fighting game will have free access to a new fighter: Piranha Plant. (Still no justice for Waluigi, though.)
- Humble announced two of the PC games that will be included in its December Monthly Bundle: Metal Gear Solid 5 and Paradox Interactive’s city-building sim Cities: Skylines. A $12 subscription grants access to those two games, the rest of the bundle (valued at over $100) and the Humble Trove of 60+ DRM-free PC games.