Most gaming retailers — following Steam’s lead — run winter sales around the holidays, but technically that’s just the start of winter. Digital games retailer Humble is breaking things up with a winter sale running in mid-to-late January. (The company announced this week that it would start selling Nintendo eShop codes in addition to Steam keys, though no Switch games are included in the sale yet.) PC gamers can take advantage of huge discounts on some of our favorite games, like Monster Hunter: World, Dark Souls 3, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Humble is also running periodic flash deals and even offering free games to customers who sign up for the Humble newsletter.
Another Steam key distributor, Fanatical, is running some good deals this week as well. A sale on Warner Bros. games brings the excellent Hitman 2 down to $37.97 (usually $59.99). All Jackbox Games titles, including the massive compilation of all five Jackbox Party Packs, are on sale as well. Polygon readers, though, can take an additional 10 percent off with our exclusive discount code, POLYGON10.
Sometimes the weekend is just too short: join us on Twitter for all the latest deals throughout the week.
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy on PS4 and Xbox One — $35.08 at Amazon (usually $39.99)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! on Switch — $53.99 at eBay (usually $59.99)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on Switch — $53.99 at eBay (usually $59.99)
- Monster Hunter: World on PC — $39.59 at Humble (usually $59.99)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition on PC — $19.99 at Humble (usually $49.99)
- Final Fantasy 15: Windows Edition on PC — $24.99 at Humble (usually $49.99)
- Dark Souls 3: Deluxe Edition on PC — $25.49 at Humble (usually $84.98)
- Hollow Knight on PC — $9.89 at Humble (usually $14.99)
- Sunset Overdrive on Xbox One — $7.48 as an Amazon add-on item (usually $19.99)
- Hitman 2 on PC — $37.97 at Fanatical (usually $59.99)
- Hitman 2 on Xbox One — $29.99 at Amazon (usually $59.99)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War on PC — $12.49 at Fanatical (usually $49.99)
- $50 Nintendo eShop gift card + free $10 gift card at Newegg
- Azul board game — $29.49 at Amazon (usually $39.99)
- Blood, Sweat, and Pixels by Jason Schreier — $1.99 on Amazon Kindle (usually $16.99)
- Humble previously announced the early unlock games in its Monthly Bundle for February, Yakuza 0 and Tom Clancy’s The Division, but yesterday the company added Rapture Rejects to the bundle. The game, based on the Cyanide & Happiness webcomic, is peak 2018 (and now 2019), adding an Extremely Online aesthetic to the battle royale genre.
- A demo for the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake was released yesterday, and the 30-minute one-shot mission is very scary, very fun, and teases some upcoming Easter eggs: basically everything you’d want from a Resident Evil game. The demo is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC; the full game will be released on Jan. 25.
- Digital comics retailer Comixology announced this week that DC Comics will now be included in its subscription service, Comixology Unlimited. A 30-day free trial of Comixology Unlimited is available to new subscribers — just sign in with your Amazon account. Subscriptions are $5.99/month after that.
- Pre-orders are up for an amiibo of the best new addition to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Piranha Plant. (You can still get the in-game plant fighter for free when he’s released as Ultimate’s first DLC fighter, if you register your game before Jan. 31.) Amiibo for King K. Rool and Ice Climbers are also available for pre-order, but they’re not quite as cute.