Brands love nothing more than tying sales to a silly holiday (see: 7/11; May the 4th; National Eat Your Beans Day.) Sept. 13 happens to fall on a Friday this year, and a few retailers are offering deals themed around this superstitious holiday.
Green Man Gaming is running some deals on PC horror games during the Friday the 13th weekend, including this year’s excellent Resident Evil 2 remake and multiplayer slasher game Dead by Daylight. Amazon, meanwhile, is discounting an eight-disc Friday the 13th Blu-ray collection, so you can celebrate with a Jason Voorhees marathon. Friday the 13th: The Game is also on sale on PS4 at Amazon.
Also this week, Nintendo announced a new exercise-gaming peripheral à la the Wii Fit. The Ring Fit Adventure comprises of a steering wheel-sized hoop and flexible leg band, each of which will house a Joy-Con. Pre-orders for the $79.99 Ring Fit Adventure are open now, and will ship on Oct. 18.
Consoles and Hardware
- Lenovo Legion Y540 Gaming Laptop — $1,299 at B&H ($300 off)
- Samsung QN65Q6FN 65-inch QLED 4K TV — $1,099.99 at Amazon ($1,100 off)
- Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far on PS4 — $25.78 at Amazon ($14.21 off)
- Resident Evil 2 on PC — $31.41 at Green Man Gaming ($28.68 off)
- Dying Light on PC — $12.24 at Green Man Gaming ($27.75 off)
- Dead by Daylight on PC — $9 at Green Man Gaming ($10 off)
- Sega Genesis Mini — $79.99 at Amazon (released Sept. 19)
- Nintendo Switch Lite + 256 GB microSD card — $252.95 at Amazon (released Sept. 20)
- Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age on Switch — $49.94 at Amazon (released Sept. 27)
- Rose gold DualShock 4 PS4 controller — $64.99 at Amazon (released Oct. 1)
- Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch — $79.99 at Amazon (released Oct. 18)