Long weekends aren’t only good for shortening your work week. Most retailers also take advantage of the extra day off by running sales tied to the holiday. Martin Luther King Jr. Day isn’t one of the biggest Monday holidays in terms of discounts, but there are a few nice gaming deals to be found.
The PlayStation Store is having a “Games Under $20” sale, with discounted PS4 games all under $19.99. Some quality indie games as well as older classics are on sale, including our favorite game of 2019, Outer Wilds.
If you haven’t yet played Fire Emblem: Three Houses, you may have felt like you played the whole Masahiro Sakurai during Thursday’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character reveal. Spoilers or no, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is well worth playing (it was one of our top 100 games of the decade.) It’s on sale right now at Amazon for $49.94, which is about $10 off retail price.
Finally, Microsoft’s redesigned Elite controller adds Bluetooth and a rechargeable battery, as well as some tweaks to the thumbsticks, bumpers, and grips. The new model was just released in November, but Amazon Prime members can already save $20.
Consoles and hardware
- Xbox One X — $344 at Amazon (usually $499.99)
- Samsung 65-inch 8-series 4K TV — $799.99 at Best Buy ($300 off)
- Lenovo Legion gaming PCs — 20 percent off with promo code GAMEDAY20
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Nintendo Switch — $49.94 at Amazon ($10.05 off)
- Outer Wilds on PS4 — $19.99 at the PlayStation Store ($5 off)
- Resident Evil 7 on PS4 — $14.99 at the PlayStation Store ($5 off)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4 and Xbox One — $15 at GameStop ($15 off)
- Horace on PC — free at the Epic Games Store
- Australia Fire Relief Humble Bundle for PC — $25 suggested donation at Humble (all proceeds go to charity)
- PlayStation Plus 1-year membership — $36.99 at eBay ($23 off)