Amazon Prime Day is typically full of discounts on a bunch of random junk, but there are a few gems to be found among the thousands of deals on offer. Prime Day 2020 is bringing a few new discounts on 4K TVs from top brands, and this is likely your last chance to score a notable discount on a new set before Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season next month.
Ahead of Prime Day, the retailer was offering discounts on its own TVs with built-in Amazon Alexa. Now that Prime Day proper has started, those deals are still going, but there are also discounts from high-end TV brands like Samsung and Sony. With the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on the horizon, now’s a great time to invest in a new 4K TV that can take advantage of the new consoles’ upgraded visuals.
But Amazon isn’t the only retailer running deals today. Best Buy is actually your best bet for a TV on Oct. 13 and 14, as the retailer is “kicking off Black Friday” alongside Prime Day. Polygon will be updating this post with the best 4K TV deals throughout Prime Day at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and other retailers, and letting you know when discounts end or sell out.
Amazon Prime Day best 4K TV deals
- Samsung 65-inch 4K QLED Smart TV — $898 at Walmart ($100 off)
- Samsung 70-inch 4K Smart TV — $529.99 at Best Buy ($220 off)
- Sony 65-inch A8H OLED TV — $1,799.99 at Best Buy ($1,000 off)
- LG 65-inch GX Series OLED TV — $2,599.99 at Best Buy ($400 off)
- Toshiba 43-inch Fire TV Edition 4K TV — $209.99 at Amazon ($120 off)
- Insignia 43-inch Fire TV Edition 4K TV — $199.99 at Amazon ($100 off)