One of the final bosses in Death’s Door, Betty, can be hard to deal with if you’re not ready. She’s the final giant soul to collect in the game, waiting atop the Old Watchtowers. Our Death’s Door Betty boss guide explains her attack patterns and teaches you the strategies we used to defeat her.
Betty’s attacks (defense)
Betty has lots of attacks, many which make it hard to get close to her:
- Betty tries to jump on you, closing any distance between you and her. Dodge roll out of the way quickly.
- Betty swipes multiple times when you’re within melee range. Get in your melee attacks and quickly dodge roll away from her or behind her after.
- Betty rolls and charges straight into a wall, three times in a row. Stay far from her and dodge roll as she charges toward you.
- Betty throws a snowball in your direction. Quickly move or dodge roll out of the way.
- Betty throws a tantrum, causing snowballs to rain from the sky consistently until the end of the fight. Keep moving around the map, watching out for shadows on the ground, which let you know where the snowballs drop.
Attacking Betty (offense)
This fight was tricky for us, as the snowballs can be annoying to dodge while trying to dish out damage (and dodge her other attacks that happen simultaneously). We found the most success with the Rogue Daggers and the upgraded fire ability.
Because the fire ability deals damage over time, you can fire it off while keeping your distance from Betty for consistent damage. You will need to replenish your magic, so use the Rogue Daggers to hit her quickly before she can swipe at you.
If you keep this up, Betty should go down fairly quickly. As with the other bosses, her body will have more pink cracks on it as she gets closer to death.
There are no achievements for fighting Betty, but after you defeat her, you’ll be able to listen to Barb the bard’s final song, which does give the achievement “Banging Tune.” You can find Barb outside The Stranded Sailor after you defeat Betty to listen to the song.