The Hunter Gunslinger’s Golden Gun was one of the most iconic Super abilities in Destiny. In Destiny 2, it is returning — but this time it looks as though it will be useful for more than just the revamped Crucible. With new talents and some new abilities, it seems like the Gunslinger may be the go-to class for high damage output.
The subclasses in Destiny 2 have been reworked. These are all of the abilities accessible by the new iteration of Gunslinger Hunters. All of these descriptions are taken directly from the Destiny 2 beta.
- Golden gun. Press L1+R1/LB+RB to summon a flaming pistol that disintegrates enemies with Solar Light.
- Incendiary grenade. A grenade whose explosion catches enemies on fire.
- Swarm grenade. A grenade that detonates on impact, releasing multiple drones that seek nearby enemies.
- Tripmine grenade. An explosive grenade that sticks to surfaces and detonates upon enemies who pass through its laser trigger.
- High jump. While airborne, jump a second time to reach greater heights.
- Strafe jump. While airborne, jump a second time with strong directional control.
- Triple jump. While airborne, sustain your air control with a second or third jump.
- Marksman’s dodge. Dodge (O, O/B, B) to perform an evasive maneuver with a steady hand. Dodging automatically reloads your weapon.
- Gambler’s dodge. Dodging (O, O/B, B) to perform a deft tumble, avoiding enemy attacks. Dodging near enemies fully recharges your Melee Ability.
WAY OF THE OUTLAW
- Explosive knife. Throw a knife from a distance that explodes shortly after impact with this Melee Ability.
- Six-shooter. Golden Gun can be fired quickly up to six times, but has a shorter duration.
- Deadshot. Significantly improves your ability to hit with Golden Gun.
- Chains of woe. Precision kills increase weapon reload speed for you and nearby allies.
WAY OF THE SHARPSHOOTER
- Knife-juggler. Throw a knife from a distance. Precision knife kills with this Melee Ability immediately recharge it.
- Practice makes perfect. Enter a trance with each Precision hit, reducing the cooldown of your Super.
- Crowd-pleaser. Enables precision damage with Golden Gun. Precision hits with Golden Gun generate Orbs of Light.
- Line ‘em up. Precision hits with Golden Gun increase its damage and extend its duration.