In Destiny 2, Warlocks will no longer have access to the Sunsinger subclass from Destiny. Instead, the old solar subclass has been reimagined as the Dawnblade. This sword-wielding, team-buffing Warlock soars through the skies raining damage down on unsuspecting enemies.
The subclasses in Destiny 2 have been reworked. These are all of the abilities accessible by the Dawnblade Warlock . All of these descriptions are taken directly from the Destiny 2 beta.
- Daybreak. Press L1+R1/ LB+RB to weave Solar Light into blades and smite your foes from the skies.
- Solar grenade. A grenade that creates a flare of Solar Light which continuously damages enemies trapped inside.
- Firebolt grenade. A grenade that unleashes bolts of Solar Light at nearby enemies.
- Fusion grenade. An explosive grenade that causes bonus damage when attached to its target.
- Strafe glide. Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with strong directional control.
- Burst glide. Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with a strong initial boost of speed.
- Balanced glide. Jump while airborne to activate Glide and start an airborne drift with both moderate speed and directional control.
- Healing rift. Press and hold O/B to conjure a well of Light that continuously heals those inside it.
- Empowered rift. Press and hold O/B to conjure a well of Light that increases weapon damage for those inside it.
ATTUNEMENT OF SKY
- Swift strike. Strike an enemy with this Melee Ability to burn your target and temporarily increase your movement and reload speed.
- Icarus dash. Press O, O/B, B while midair to dodge.
- Heat rises. Airborne kills recharge your Grenade and Melee energy. Casting Daybreak instantly refills all your ability energy.
- Winged sun. Engage your enemies mid-flight. Fire weapons and throw grenades while gliding.
Attunement of Flame
- Igniting touch. Strike an enemy with this melee ability to burn them and cause them to explode when killed.
- Fated for the flame. Daybreak projectiles seek targets as they travel and, upon impact, launch a streak of deadly flames.
- Everlasting fire. Killing an enemy with Daybreak extends its duration.
- Phoenix dive. Hold O/B while midair to quickly descend and restore your health. While Daybreak is active, Descend causes explosive damage.