In the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal event, the developers at Bungie showed off new and reworked subclasses. While attendees were able to explore the new Striker Titan subclass in-depth, the Sentinel Titan was merely teased for viewers. However, in the Destiny 2 beta, players were given the opportunity to wield a shield of light for themselves.
The subclasses in Destiny 2 have been reworked. These are all of the abilities accessible by the Sentinel Titan. All of these descriptions are taken directly from the Destiny 2 beta.
- Sentinel shield. Press L1+R1/LB+RB to summon a shield of Void Light. While Sentinel Shield is active, press the right shoulder to attack. Hold the left trigger to guard. Press the left shoulder to perform a Shield Throw.
- Magnetic grenade. A grenade that attaches to enemies and explodes twice.
- Voidwall grenade. A grenade that creates a horizontal wall of burning Void Light.
- Suppressor grenade. An explosive grenade that prevents enemies from using abilities for a short time.
- High lift. Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air at greater heights.
- Strafe lift. Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with strong directional control.
- Catapult lift. Jump while airborne to activate Lift and launch into the air with a strong initial burst of momentum.
- Towering barricade. Press and Hold O/B to create a large barrier that can be used to reinforce a position with cover from enemy fire.
- Rally barricade. Press and Hold O/B to create a small barrier that allows you to peek over it while aiming down sights, and which instantly reloads your equipped weapon when you take cover.
CODE OF THE PROTECTOR
- Defensive strike. Kill an enemy with this Melee Ability to create an overshield around you and nearby allies.
- Ward of dawn. When Super energy is full, press and hold L1+R1/LB+RB to create a shielding dome to protect you and your allies.
- Turn the tide. Your Overshield from Defensive Strike lasts longer and increases melee damage and reload speed.
- Rallying force. Melee kills restore Health for you and nearby allies.
CODE OF THE AGGRESSOR
- Shield bash. After sprinting for a short time, use this Melee Ability to unleash a devastating Shield Bash that disorients enemies.
- Superior arsenal. Grenade kills recharge your Grenade energy.
- In the trenches. Kills while surrounded by enemies reduce the cooldown of your Super.
- Second shield. Gain an additional Shield Throw charge while Sentinel Shield is active.