At the Destiny 2 gameplay reveal event, players were able to get their hands on the revamped Gunslinger Hunter. The Arcstrider Hunter was also on display, although in a much more limited fashion, only showing players a quick montage. However, in the Destiny 2 beta, players were able to try out the stick-swinging, lightning-dancing Arcstrider for as long as their hearts desired.
The subclasses in Destiny 2 have been reworked. These are all of the abilities accessible by the Arcstrider Hunter. All of these descriptions are taken directly from the Destiny 2 beta.
- Arc staff. Press L1+R1/LB+RB to form a staff of pure Arc energy and acrobatically take out your foes.
- Skip grenade. A grenade that splits upon impact, creating multiple projectiles that seek enemies.
- Flux grenade. An explosive grenade that deals additional damage when attached to enemies.
- Arcbolt grenade. A grenade that chains bolts of lightning to nearby enemies.
- High jump. While airborne, jump a second time to reach greater heights.
- Strafe jump. While airborne, jump a second time with strong directional control.
- Triple jump. While airborne, sustain your air control with a second or third jump.
- Marksman’s dodge. Dodge (O, O/B, B) to perform an evasive maneuver with a steady hand. Dodging automatically reloads your weapon.
- Gambler’s dodge. Dodging (O, O/B, B) to perform a deft tumble, avoiding enemy attacks. Dodging near enemies fully recharges your Melee Ability.
WAY OF THE WARRIOR
- Combination blow. Kill an enemy with this melee ability to trigger health regeneration and increase your melee damage temporarily.
- Lethal current. After dodging, each Arc Staff hit creates a damaging lightning aftershock.
- Deadly reach. Dodging increases your melee range, allowing you to lunge further to strike enemies.
- Combat flow. Melee kills recharge your dodge ability.
WAY OF THE WIND
- Disorienting blow. Strike an enemy with this melee ability to disorient the target and nearby enemies.
- Focused breathing. Sprinting recharges your dodge ability. Increased maximum sprint speed.
- Combat meditation. While critically wounded, melee and grenades recharge drastically faster.
- Lightning reflexes. You are harder to kill while dodging.