Destiny 2: Season of Dawn is here, and it comes with a new Artifact to customize. After completing a short quest for Osiris on Mercury, you’ll earn The Lantern of Osiris Artifact to replace your Eye of the Gatelord. The Lantern of Osiris has some similar mods to last season’s Artifact, but also offers several new ways to play.
Upgrading your Lantern
To upgrade your Lantern, you’ll need to earn experience points in Destiny 2 — you’ll naturally level up by completing activities, or you can speed up the process with bounties. As you level up your Lantern, you’ll earn Artifact Unlocks which you can use to buy the Artifact mods. For the first tree of mods, you don’t need any Artifact Unlocks, and the second tree will unlock once you’ve spent one unlock point.
These trees progress from zero, to one, to four, to seven, and finally 10 Artifact Unlocks. Once you’ve unlocked the final tree, you can earn two more Artifact Unlock points for a total of 12. Once your Lantern is max level, you can level it up indefinitely to increase your character’s Power level.
The Lantern of Osiris mods
Here are all the mods you can unlock with the Lantern of Osiris, broken up by how many Artifact Unlock points you need for each tree.
- Anti-barrier Ranger: Grants shield-piercing for bows, pulse rifles, and scout rifles
- Unstoppable Shot: Grants unstoppable shot for scout rifles
- Unstoppable Burst: Grants unstoppable shot for pulse rifles
- Unstoppable Arrows: Grants unstoppable shot for bows
- Overload Rounds: Grants disruption shot for auto rifles and submachine guns
- Enhanced Rifle Loader: Increases rifle-class weapon reload speed
- Enhanced Unflinching Rifle Aim: Reduced flinching from enemy attacks while using rifle- class weapons
- Enhanced Bow Loader: Increases bow nocking speed
- Enhanced Sniper Rifle Loader: Increases reload speed of sniper rifles
- Enhanced Linear Fusion Targeting: Linear fusion rifles gain improved target acquisition, accuracy, and aim-down-sights speed
- Solidus Strike: Using finishers on Cabal enemies grants bonus Glimmer
- Splintered Gladius: Killing Cabal Centurions grants Gunsmith Materials
- Biomonetizer: Killing Hive grants extra Glimmer
- Tithe Collector’s Sigil: Killing Cabal grants extra Glimmer
- Knight Errant: Killing Hive Knights grants destination material
- Breach Resonator: Killing an enemy with shield-piercing weapons or being in a Fireteam with an ally that shuts down a Barrier Champion grants melee and grenade energy
- Molten Overload: Solar grenades disrupt enemies
- Disruptor Strike: Improves disruption effects
- Unstoppable Schwartzchild Condenser: Void melee attacks are unstoppable
- Tenderizer: Staggering Unstoppable Champions boosts weapon damage for allies
- Guardian Angel: Sniper rifles, bows, linear fusion rifles, and scout rifles have a chance to generate healing orbs on precision kills
- Void Battery: Activating Void class abilities grants an overshield, but increases the cooldown
- Heavy Finisher: Finishing an enemy spends half of your Super bar, but generates Heavy ammo
- Solar Plexus: Solar melee abilities gain increased damage, and you gain super energy from finishing an enemy as a Solar subclass
- From the Depths: Grants Void Supers bonus damage if activated at low health