Destiny 2’s Crimson Days event for 2020 is here with the Crimson Doubles mode, The Vow bow, the Sugary Shell, and two new Exotic Sparrows to pick up. To earn your lovely treasures, you need to complete Bounties for Shaxx in a group of two.
Bounties offer Confectionery Hearts, which you can spend on The Vow or the duo Sparrows, SVC-12 and IVC-10, which form a special hologram when ridden side-by-side.
Here are all the rewards for Crimson Days 2020, and the easiest ways to earn them.
You can purchase almost all of the Crimson Days rewards from Lord Shaxx in the Tower.
- Tirastrella ghost shell — 25 Confectionery Hearts
- Undeterred Exotic sparrow — 50 Confectionery Hearts
- The Vow Solar combat bow (960 power) — 100 Confectionery Hearts
- Dieselpunk Wardcliff Coil ornament — 125 Confectionery Hearts
- SVC-12 Exotic Sparrows — 50 Confectionery Hearts
- IVC-10 Exotic Sparrow — 50 Confectionery Hearts
- Flaunting Dance emote — 150 Confectionery Hearts
- Warmhearted Gift — 15 Confectionery Hearts
The Warmhearted Gift is a repeatable purchase. You should only spend your Confectionery Hearts on the Warmhearted Gifts once you have everything else you want. These can drop Glimmer, weapons, and other materials that will be helpful for any budding Guardian.
Farming Confectionery Hearts
There are a couple ways to earn Confectionery Hearts. You can pick up bounties from Shaxx every day — he has a rotating inventory of four daily bounties. Each daily bounty rewards 15 Confectionery Hearts.
Shaxx will also sell you a weekly bounty to complete the Nightfall in a group of two and a weekly to complete seven Crimson Days bounties. Each of these reward 75 Confectionery Hearts.
The best place to complete the duo Nightfall this year is the Inverted Spire Strike. It’s a quick Nightfall that you can take slowly or sprint through. And the boss is easy to kill in a smaller Fireteam. For the section where you have to hold out on the drill and face down Cabal or Vex, have one of your Fireteam members not drop down to save your squad from wiping.
After you’ve completed your bounties, you can grind Confectionery Hearts while playing Crimson Doubles. A loss will net you five Confectionery Hearts, while a win will get you seven.
Earning the Sugary Shell
Bungie hasn’t advertised the Sugary Shell with this year’s Crimson Days event, but it is still available if you missed it last year.
You will need to complete nine triumphs for the shell. You can check your progress in-game by going to Triumphs, selecting Seasonal > Events > Crimson Days.
- Earn all of Shaxx’s rewards (this doesn’t count the new Exotic Sparrows)
- Complete 22 Crimson Doubles matches
- Win 11 Crimson Doubles matches
- Defeat 77 Guardians near their partner (Reunited buff active)
- Defeat 77 Guardians away from their partner
- Defeat 77 Guardians after you’ve killed their partner
- Avenge your partner twice by earning Blood for Blood medals
- Complete 11 Crimson Days bounties
- Complete a Nightfall in a squad of two
The Sugary Shell is great. The Guiding Light perk increases all XP gains, which is useful for every player. It also has a unique look to it, which should comfort you as you delve into the belly of ancient dragons and evil Guardians and dark space gods.