It’s that time of year when Destiny 2’s Tower smells like cookies and cheer! The Dawning 2020 winter holiday is here, and so is Destiny’s fan-favorite holiday vendor, Eva Levante. Eva wants you to bake goodies for all your allies around the world, but her recipe instructions are pretty cryptic.
In this guide, we’ll help you bake every one of Eva’s recipes. Many of the recipes and ingredients are the same as last year, and we’ve compiled a list of both new and old to help you complete Destiny 2’s latest holiday event.
Collecting Dawning ingredients
Eva Levante will give you some bounties that have certain ingredients as rewards, which is an easy way to guarantee a drop. But you don’t need to do bounties if you know how to farm each ingredient.
First, let’s list out the uncommon ingredients and where to find them.
Uncommon enemy ingredients
Despite their name, these uncommon ingredients are easy to find, and will pop into your inventory randomly when killing certain enemy types.
- Vex Milk — collected from Vex, most commonly found on Nessus and Europa
- Ether Cane — collected from Fallen, most commonly found in the EDZ, the Moon, the Tangled Shore, and Europa
- Cabal Oil — collected from Cabal, most commonly found in the EDZ and the Tangled Shore
- Chitin Powder — collected from Hive, most commonly found on the Tangled Shore, the Moon, and the Dreaming City
- Taken Butter — collected from Taken, most commonly found in the EDZ and the Dreaming City
- Dark Ether Cane — collected from Scorn, most commonly found on the Tangled Shore and Dreaming City
Rare kill ingredients
You’ll earn these ingredients — rarely — by killing enemies in very specific ways. There are quite a few of these, so you’ll need to change up your playstyle to get a surplus of everything.
- Delicious Explosions — explosive kills of any kind (class grenade, rocket launcher, grenade launcher)
- Sharp Flavor — sword kills on any enemy type
- Impossible Heat — solar kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Electric Flavor — Arc kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Null Taste — Void kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Flash of Inspiration — generate Orbs of Light with Masterwork weapons or supers (in 2020, we’ve only gotten this one while using a Masterworked sword)
- Personal Touch — melee kills on any enemy type
- Perfect Taste — precision kills on any enemy type
- Bullet Spray — kills with automatic weapons (heavy machine gun, auto rifle, submachine gun)
- Finishing Touch — kills with Finishing Moves
- Multifaceted Flavors — earn multikills on any enemy type
- Pinch of Light — generate Orbs of Light
- Balanced Flavors — bow kills, sniper kills, scout rifle kills
- Superb Texture — Super kills on any enemy type
Eva’s recipe list
Eva will give you a few recipes to get started once you get going on her quest, but not nearly enough to make gifts for all your friends. Each recipe will consist of an uncommon ingredient, a rare ingredient and 15 Essence of Dawning — which you get from completing any activity around the world or from bounties. The longer or more difficult the activity, the more Essence you earn.
To bake, open your Quest menu and interact with Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.0. Combine two ingredients and some Essence of Dawning to bake a treat. Once you bake a recipe, you’ll add it to your recipe list in Eva’s oven — where you can easily bake another without combining ingredients.
Any recipes you collected in 2018 or 2019 will still be in your recipe list.
- Vanilla Blades for Lord Shaxx — Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Gjallardoodles for Commander Zavala — Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Eliksni Birdseed for Hawthorne — Ether Cane, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Chocolate Ship Cookies for Amanda Holliday — Cabal Oil, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe — Vex Milk, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Gentleman’s Shortbread for Devrim Kay — Ether Cane, Perfect Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Traveler Donut Holes for Ikora — Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Candy Dead Ghosts for The Spider — Dark Ether Cane, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Telemetry Tapioca for Banshee-44 — Vex Milk, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Strange Cookies for Xur — Taken Butter, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Ill-Fortune Cookies for Petra Venj — Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Dark Chocolate Motes for The Drifter — Taken Butter, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Thousand-Layer Cookie for Riven — Taken Butter, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Lavender Ribbon Cookies for Saint-14 — Vex Milk, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Eris Morn — Chitin Powder, Finishing Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Classic Butter Cookies for Eva Levante — Taken Butter, Superb Texture, Essence of Dawning
- Bittersweet Biscotti for Crow — Dark Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Etheric Coldsnaps for Variks — Chitin Powder, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Blueberry Crumblers for Shaw Han — Ether Cane, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Bright-Dusted Snowballs for Tess Everis — Chitin Powder, Multifaceted Flavors, Essence of Dawning
Once you’ve baked each recipe, you can masterwork your oven to reduce the Essence of Dawning cost to 10 per treat. You should prioritize cooking every cookie at least once over completing quests for Eva.
Special gift instructions
To give Riven the Thousand-Layer Cookie, you need to enter the Last Wish raid. Go to the wishing wall and input wish seven. You’ll see your screen go black, and you’ll appear at the Riven boss fight. Stand on one of the plates to start the fight and float down into her chamber. On the ground, near where you land, you’ll see a glowing snow globe (which you can see in the image above). Interact with it to bequeath Riven a cookie.
The Glacioclasm is the new hotness this year in The Dawning. It’s a slow-charging, Void fusion rifle with high range and extreme damage. You should get it from the first package you get from Zavala.
Like previous years, you can get more Glacioclasms — and old Dawning weapons like Cold Front — by turning cookies into NPCs.