It’s that time of year when Destiny 2’s Tower smells like cookies and cheer! The Dawning 2021 winter holiday is here, and so is Destiny’s fan-favorite holiday vendor, Eva Levante. Eva wants you to bake goodies for all your allies around the world.
In this Destiny 2 Dawning 2021 guide, we’ll help you bake every one of Eva’s recipes. Many of the recipes and ingredients are the same as last year, and we’ve compiled a list of both new and old to help you complete Destiny 2’s latest holiday event.
Table of contents
Collecting Dawning ingredients
Eva Levante will give you some bounties that have certain ingredients as rewards, which is an easy way to guarantee a drop. But you don’t need to do bounties if you know how to farm each ingredient — however you will need to do bounties to get the new Dawning Spirit resource, which we’ll discuss later.
As of The Dawning 2021, you can now open your Oven 2.1 to see exactly how to get each ingredient. We’ve also listed their sources below.
Uncommon enemy ingredients
Despite their name, these uncommon ingredients are easy to find, and will pop into your inventory randomly when killing certain enemy types.
- Vex Milk — collected from Vex, most commonly found on Nessus and Europa
- Ether Cane — collected from Fallen, most commonly found in the EDZ, the Moon, the Tangled Shore, and Europa
- Cabal Oil — collected from Cabal, most commonly found in the EDZ and the Tangled Shore
- Chitin Powder — collected from Hive, most commonly found on the Tangled Shore, the Moon, and the Dreaming City
- Taken Butter — collected from Taken, most commonly found in the EDZ and the Dreaming City
- Dark Ether Cane — collected from Scorn, most commonly found on the Tangled Shore and Dreaming City
Rare kill ingredients
You’ll earn these ingredients — rarely — by killing enemies in very specific ways. There are quite a few of these, so you’ll need to change up your playstyle to get a surplus of everything.
- Delicious Explosions — explosive kills of any kind (class grenade, rocket launcher, grenade launcher)
- Sharp Flavor — sword kills on any enemy type
- Impossible Heat — solar kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Electric Flavor — Arc kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Null Taste — Void kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Flash of Inspiration — generate Orbs of Light with Masterwork weapons or supers
- Personal Touch — melee kills on any enemy type
- Perfect Taste — precision kills on any enemy type
- Bullet Spray — kills with automatic weapons (heavy machine gun, auto rifle, submachine gun)
- Finishing Touch — kills with Finishing Moves
- Balanced Flavors — bow kills, sniper kills, scout rifle, pulse rifle kills
- Multifaceted Flavors — earn multikills on any enemy type
- Superb Texture — Super kills on any enemy type
- Dark Frosting — gained by defeating enemies with Stasis damage
Eva’s recipe list
Each recipe will consist of an uncommon ingredient, a rare ingredient and 15 Essence of Dawning — which you get from completing any activity around the world or from bounties. The longer or more difficult the activity, the more Essence you earn.
To bake, open your Quest menu and interact with Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.1. Combine two ingredients and some Essence of Dawning to bake a treat. As of 2021, you’ll be able to see all of the recipes, regardless of if you’ve baked that treat before.
Here’s a complete list of cookies and their recipes:
- Vanilla Blades for Lord Shaxx — Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Gjallardoodles for Commander Zavala — Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Eliksni Birdseed for Hawthorne — Ether Cane, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Chocolate Ship Cookies for Amanda Holliday — Cabal Oil, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe — Vex Milk, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Gentleman’s Shortbread for Devrim Kay — Ether Cane, Perfect Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Traveler Donut Holes for Ikora — Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Telemetry Tapioca for Banshee-44 — Vex Milk, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Strange Cookies for Xur — Taken Butter, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Ill-Fortune Cookies for Petra Venj — Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Dark Chocolate Motes for The Drifter — Taken Butter, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Lavender Ribbon Cookies for Saint-14 — Vex Milk, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Eris Morn — Chitin Powder, Finishing Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Classic Butter Cookies for Eva Levante — Taken Butter, Superb Texture, Essence of Dawning
- Bittersweet Biscotti for Crow — Dark Ether Cane, Balanced Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Etheric Coldsnaps for Variks — Chitin Powder, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Blueberry Crumblers for Shaw Han — Ether Cane, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Bright-Dusted Snowballs for Tess Everis — Chitin Powder, Multifaceted Flavors, Essence of Dawning
- Starwort Thins for the Exo Stranger — Dark Ether Cane, Dark Frosting, Essence of Dawning
- Ascendant Apple Tart for Queen Mara— Taken Butter, Sharp Flavor, Essence of Dawning
Once you’ve baked each recipe, you can masterwork your oven to reduce the Essence of Dawning cost to 10 per treat. You should prioritize cooking every cookie at least once over completing quests for Eva.
Eva has a new currency this year, Dawning Spirit. Spirit comes from bounties, Triumphs, and giving gifts. Eva will teach you about it in the two new quests: The Pigeon Provides and Rite of Dawning. These quests are both very straightforward, so mark them in your quest log, go to where the description says to go, and then follow along using the quest indicator on screen. Each quest has multiple steps, but you shouldn’t have any trouble following along.
You can use Dawning Spirit to upgrade Eva with some new perks, which we’ve listed below. The five upgrades cost 40 Dawning Spirit each, while the snowball updates cost 20 Dawning Spirit each.
- Merrymaker — Receive a Boon of Friendship each day from Eva Levante
- Bountiful Harvest — Dawning bounties reward an additional random ingredient
- Essential Harvest — Dawning bounties reward a small amount of Dawning essence
- Perky Presents — During Dawning 2021, Dawning weapons have a chance to drop with an additional perk in the left column
- Perkier Presents — During Dawning 2021, Dawning weapons have a chance to drop with an additional perk in the right column
- Long Winter — Increases the duration of slow effect applied by Snowballs
- Longer Winter — Increases the amount of slow effects applied to combatants damaged by Snowballs
- Longest Winter — Snowballs instantly freeze targets
- Stay Frosty — Snowballs leave a Stasis mine on impact
- Gift That Keeps Giving — Shattering frozen combatants causes them to drop snowballs
The Zephyr sword is back this year, an Adaptive Stasis blade with a new perk called Cold Steel, which slows enemies on powered attacks. The first Zephyr comes from completing The Pigeon Provides quest, which we mentioned earlier
Like previous years, you can get more Zephyr’s — and old Dawning weapons like Cold Front and Glacioclasm — by turning cookies into NPCs.