Destiny 2’s yearly wrap-up event, Moments of Triumph, is finally here, allowing players to show off their accomplishments from year four with a new title and rewards. This event lasts until the end of Season of the Lost, which coincides with the launch of The Witch Queen expansion on Feb. 22, 2022.
Below is a breakdown of all the Triumphs that you need for the MMXXI seal. Note that unlike most other seals in the game, you only need to complete 28 out of the possible 30 Triumphs to unlock the seal and title – meaning you can pick two of these you want to skip, but only if you own the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack.
Moments of Triumph 2021 Triumphs
Complete 28 of these 30 Triumphs to complete the Moments of Triumph 2021 seal and unlock the MMXXI title.
All Triumphs are currently available in-game, as is the MMXXI title.
- Reward: Emblem — Complete at least one Triumph to earn the 2021 emblem
- Reward: Frantic Spiral Sparrow — Complete at least five Triumphs to earn the Frantic Spiral Sparrow
- Reward: Elegant Guard Shell — Complete at least 10 Triumphs to earn the Elegant Guard Shell
- T-Shirt Unlocked at Bungie Store — Complete at least 15 Triumphs to earn a Bungie.net token that unlocks the 2021 T-Shirt for purchase on the Bungie Store
- Triumph Apprentice — Attain a moderate Triumph score (at least 10,000)
- Triumph Master — Attain a high Triumph score (at least 15,000) to earn a special emblem
- Vault of Glass — Complete any version of the “Vault of Glass” raid
- Wrathender — Complete the Coup de Grace mission
- Path of the Chosen — Complete all Seasonal storyline quests
- Walk the True Path — Complete all Path of the Splicer quests
- Seeker of the Lost — Complete Wayfinder’s Voyage, Parts I-VII
- Strike Spelunker — Defeat combatants in playlist strikes (300 combined kills) with any Seasonal Quest weapon: Adored, Salvager's Salvo, Null Composure, or Ascendancy
- Gambit Gauntlet — Defeat targets in Gambit (200 combined kills) with any Seasonal Quest weapon: Adored, Salvager's Salvo, Null Composure, or Ascendancy. Bonus progress for defeating opposing Guardians
- Crucible Contract — Defeat Guardians in Crucible (50 combined kills) with any Seasonal Quest weapon: Adored, Salvager's Salvo, Null Composure, or Ascendancy
- Trials Wins — Win seven rounds in the Trials of Osiris
- Ordeal — Complete Nightfall strikes. Bonus progress for higher-difficulty strikes
- Taskmaster — Complete 50 Bounties
- Repeat Winner — Defeat final bosses in Dares of Eternity. Kill 20 Dares of Eternity bosses total
- Daring Displays — Complete 15 Starhorse bounties. Weekly and Legend-difficulty Starhorse bounties grant additional progress.
- Special Guest Scar — Defeat Xur’s Chosen in the Lightning Round
- Lost Sector Master — Complete 4 Lost Sectors on Master difficulty, which can be found on various destinations: The Dreaming City, Europa, The Moon, and The Tangled Shore
- Beyond Light - Chapter 3 — Eramis awaits within the walls of the Riis-Reborn. Hunt her down. Complete the Beyond Light campaign
- Seasoned in Darkness — Collect Stasis Aspects and Stasis Fragments. Unlock four Aspects and six Fragments to complete the Triumph
- Europa Hunting Party — Complete Empire Hunts. Bonus progress for higher-difficulty hunts
- Deep Stone Crypt — Complete the “Deep Stone Crypt” raid
- Talon of Light — Complete the exotic quest “Let Loose Thy Talons”
- Graven Tales — Uncover the Dead Man’s Tale
- Devotee’s Remnant — Complete the catalyst for Ager’s Scepter
- 30th Exotics — Claim both Exotic weapons from the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
- Grasp of Avarice Complete — Complete the “Grasp of Avarice” dungeon
Notable or difficult Triumphs
Many of the Triumphs in this guide are fairly straightforward, but some of them do require quite a bit of work. Here’s a look at some of the harder Triumphs in the MMXXI Seal.
Strike Spelunker — Defeat combatants in playlist strikes (300 combined kills) with any Seasonal Quest weapon: Adored, Salvager’s Salvo, Null Composure, or Ascendancy
This Triumph requires you to get 300 kills in the strike playlist with one of the four seasonal weapons. Use one of the weapons with which you can easily get multi-kills, like Null Composure with Reservoir Burst, and Salvager’s Salvo or Ascendancy with Chain Reaction.
Gambit Gauntlet — Defeat targets in Gambit (200 combined kills) with any Seasonal Quest weapon: Adored, Salvager’s Salvo, Null Composure, or Ascendancy. Bonus progress for defeating opposing Guardians
Similar to the strike Triumph, this requires you to get 200 kills with seasonal weapons in Gambit. For the most efficient progress, use the same strategy as the strike Triumph above. Guardians appear to only be worth around three points, so ignore the Triumph’s description and focus your resources on blowing up large groups of normal combatants.
Special Guest Scar — Defeat Xur’s Chosen in the Lightning Round
This Triumph requires you to defeat Xur’s Chosen three times in the Dares of Eternity lightning rounds. Xur’s Chosen spawns in towards the beginning of the second of three waves, and it’s a large, invisible minotaur. For the Vex and the Hive encounters, it spawns near where you enter the room. For the Cabal encounter, it appears on the top middle platform near where the boss spawns. Lightning rounds are mostly random encounters tacked onto Dares of Eternity after you kill the final boss, but you can increase your odds of getting a lightning round by getting time bonuses in the previous rounds and running the activity on Legend difficulty.
30th Exotics — Claim both Exotic weapons from the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack
To unlock this Triumph, you’ll need to claim both of the exotic weapons that came along with the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack: the Gjallarhorn Exotic rocket launcher and the Forerunner Exotic sidearm. Forerunner is free for all players, but you can only get Gjallarhorn – and therefore this Triumph – if you’ve purchased the pack.