The Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack inside of Destiny 2 brought back pieces of fan-favorite gear from across Bungie’s history, as well as a few new activities, including the Grasp of Avarice Dungeon and the Dares of Eternity six-person activity.
The add-on also brought a new seal and title to commemorate the celebration of Bungie’s 30 years of game-making. Completing this seal grants you access to the “Thy Fearful Symmetry” helmet ornament for all three classes, which bursts into flames when near enemies, and the Vidmaster title.
Bungie hasn’t confirmed if or when the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack content will retire, like the content loss pre-Beyond Light or the upcoming loss of the Tangled Shore with The Witch Queen expansion on Feb. 22, 2022. You can take your time with Vidmaster, but Bungie could announce its departure at any time.
Below is a breakdown of all the Triumphs that you need for the Vidmaster title.
Bungie’s 30th Anniversary Triumphs
Complete all 10 Triumphs to complete the 30th Anniversary seal and unlock the Vidmaster title.
All Triumphs are currently available in-game, so no need to delay your Triumph hunt.
- Let’s See What You’ll Be Taking Home — Spend 20 Treasure Keys in Xur’s Treasure Room of Eternity
- Fateful Spin — Face each of the Wheel of Adversity’s challenges in Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty
- Repeat Winner — Defeat final bosses in Dares of Eternity 20 times
- Special Guest Scar — Defeat Xur’s Chosen in the Lightning Round
- Old Friends, Old Couch — Complete Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty with a fireteam of two to four Guardians
- Daring Displays — Complete 15 Starhorse bounties. Weekly and Legend-difficulty Starhorse bounties grant additional progress
- Paraversal Prize — Earn the Exotic Sidearm, Forerunner
- Grasp of Avarice Complete — Complete the “Grasp of Avarice” dungeon
- And Out Fly the Wolves — Earn the Exotic Rocket Launcher Gjallarhorn
- The Richest Dead Man Alive — Recover all 12 of Wilhelm-7’s messages
Notable or difficult Triumphs
Fateful Spin — Face each of the Wheel of Adversity’s challenges in Dares of Eternity on Legend difficulty
This Triumph requires you to face each of the five enemy types during the first two rounds of Dares of Eternity while on Legend mode. The Legend mode has a fixed rotation that changes on a weekly basis – unlike the random encounters on normal difficulty – and you can see the enemies for a given week on the navigation screen for the activity. All five enemy types — Vex, Cabal, Hive, Taken, and Fallen — should each appear at least once every three weeks, so completing a Legend Dare for three consecutive weeks will unlock this Triumph.
Special Guest Scar — Defeat Xur’s Chosen in the Lightning Round
This Triumph requires you to defeat Xur’s Chosen three times in the Dare of Eternity lightning rounds — which are an additional, randomly occurring challenge that comes at the end of Dares of Eternity. Xur’s Chosen spawns in towards the beginning of the second of three waves, and it’s a large, invisible minotaur. For the Vex and the Hive encounters, it spawns near where you enter the room. For the Cabal encounter, it appears on the top middle platform near where the boss spawns.
You can increase your odds of spawning a lightning round by getting time bonuses in the previous rounds and running the activity on Legend difficulty.
Paraversal Prize, Grasp of Avarice Complete, And Out Fly the Wolves, and The Richest Dead Man Alive Triumphs
The four triumphs listed above all are complex enough that they have their own guides. Two of them require you to complete their respective exotic quests: the Exotic sidearm Forerunner, and the Exotic rocket launcher Gjallarhorn. The other two involve the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, including completing the dungeon and finding all 12 of the collectibles, which are messages in a bottle left behind by Wilhelm-7.