Destiny 2’s Vow of the Disciple raid allows players to craft all six Legendary weapons that drop from it, but their Patterns will take some time to unlock.
Each weapon frame requires five Deepsight weapons of the same type before you can craft your favorite roll. While these Deepsight weapons can randomly drop from the encounters and secret chests within the raid, players can get two guaranteed “red weapons” each week. The first weapon you buy from the boss’s little shop (on Rhulk’s glaive) will be a guaranteed Deepsight weapon, but you can also complete a simple puzzle to get a second random one.
In this Destiny 2: The Witch Queen guide, we’ll go over how to complete the Deepsight weapon chest puzzle so you can get an extra red weapon each week.
How to get the chest
The puzzle to get this chest requires that you activate three symbols located throughout the raid. You’ll know which symbols you’ll need to activate because they will be on a pillar just as you enter the pyramid, before you fall down the pit. Be absolutely certain to take note of the three symbols on the pillar here, just after the boat encounter. There is no way to come back and check later.
Three random symbols will appear on the pillar in each run. In the example shown above, you would want to activate Light, Stop, and Guardian.
Each symbol acts like a light switch; you can shoot them to turn them on and off. Once you activate the three correct symbols, you’ll know you were successful, because the message “The Disciple recognizes your offering” will appear on your screen. Once you see that message, you’ll just need defeat Rhulk, the final boss, at the end of the raid.
Below, we’ll breakdown the general area where you can find each symbol throughout the raid.
- Pyramid: In the first room after you drop down when you first enter the pyramid
- Give: In the room just after the room with the frozen Scorn, before the first encounter
- Darkness: In the first encounter room
- Traveler: In the room with the purple wall directly before the second encounter
- Worship: In the final stand area of the second encounter
- Light: In the jumping puzzle after the second encounter, in the room where the first Darkness Crux used for the jumping puzzle is
- Stop: Further along in the jumping puzzle, after the second encounter
- Guardian: To the left immediately after the third encounter
- Kill: Before the final boss, where you have to climb up the side walls
If you want to try to find these on your own, you are going to want to keep an eye out for a Darkness Crux in the areas highlighted above. You need to shoot these to open a nearby door to get to the symbols to activate them. The switches are the little golden patches at the back of each room.
When you shoot the symbol on the wall, wait for it to show up to ensure it’s working. If you somehow made it into the incorrect room and you shoot a symbol you don’t need, simply shoot it again to turn it off.
If you want to know exactly where each room and Crux is located, follow this great video by Skarrow9.