In Diablo 4, there are a total of 15 Strongholds scattered around the map, with three in each region. In the Dry Steppes, you’ll find The Onyx Watchtower, Temple of Rot, and Ruins of Qara-Yisu. Each of these Strongholds have their own storyline along with different enemies to defeat. After finishing the Stronghold event, you’ll gain access to either a new town, waypoint, or side quest.
Our Diablo 4 Dry Steppes Strongholds guide explains where The Onyx Watchtower, Temple of Rot, and Ruins of Qara-Yisu are and the objectives to complete there. Each of the three Strongholds in the Dry Steppes also has an Altar of Lilith, which will provide you with a stat boost and some renown.
You can see the locations of The Onyx Watchtower, Temple of Rot, and Ruins of Qara-Yisu on the map below, or click through to our full interactive map.
The Onyx Watchtower Stronghold
The Onyx Watchtower is a bandit fort in north central Dry Steppes. Clearing it will add a new Waypoint to your map.
- Explore the Onyx Watchtower.
- Purge the bandits and raze their encampment.
- Slay the Captain’s lieutenants.
- Find Captain Ezmin inside the Watchtower.
- Slay Captain Ezmin.
- Rekindle the Wanderer’s Shrine to conquer the Onyx Watchtower.
Temple of Rot Stronghold
The Temple of Rot is a cannibal-filled fort just to the east of the Fields of Hatred PvP area.
- Slay the Cannibal Champions.
- Locate Molqarth’s Lair.
- Slay Molqarth.
- Slay the Spawn of Molqarth.
- Rekindle the Wanderer’s Shrine to conquer the Temple of Rot.
Ruins of Qara-Yisu Stronghold
You’ll find the Ruins of Qara-Yisu in the southeast of the Dry Steppes region. Clearing it will give you a new Waypoint.
- Explore the Ruins of Qara-Yisu.
- Find and destroy the Infernal Spires.
- Investigate the disturbance at the mine.
- Slay Utulku.
- Rekindle the Wanderer’s Shrine to conquer Qara-Yisu.