Resident Evil 7 Biohazard comes to PlayStation 4 on Jan. 24, 2017, Capcom announced during Sony's E3 press conference tonight.
The creepy debut trailer mostly features a first-person perspective. It will likely be even scarier in its virtual reality mode — the PS4 game is compatible with PlayStation VR as well. The entire game is playable with the headset, which launches Oct. 13.
A demo is available to PlayStation Plus subscribers ahead of next year's release. That download goes live tonight.
Update: Resident Evil 7 will also come to Windows PC and Xbox One, Capcom said in a blog post following the reveal. The game takes place after Resident Evil 6 and is set in a desolate American town, where players must survive the horrors within.
Resident Evil 7 also uses a new engine, the RE Engine, which made its debut at last year's E3. Capcom previously showed it off with its survival horror VR tech demo, Kitchen. See a bevy of screens in the gallery below.
- "You have been chosen"
- Maybe this is some gore in a tree? With a saw blade?
- This is definitely not creepy and is just a charming garden vista.
- Tea time.
- Gonna need to rent a carpet steamer from the supermarket for this one.
- Why does this nice old house have ceiling tiles?
- VCRs are, as everyone knows, inherently upsetting.
- Awww, Ma and Pa.
- Phew, that's a relief. Cops are on the scene.
- Local TV crew is also on the scene.
- Upside-down corpse monster also on the scene.
- Open the door. Just go on. Open it. Do it.
- Bus your table, people.
- Ghosts and bayous, in VR. No.