While optimization remains the primary thrust of work on Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, the developer for the battle royale game took to Twitter to announce an upcoming zombie mode.
The player-controlled zombies will be in a new mode and not a part of the base game, according to the dev.
There’s no ETA yet for the mode, but we did get a short sneak peek.
ICYMI: As noted by our VP | Exec Producer earlier, the new anims are not for the "base" game mode. We'll continue to focus on optimization. https://t.co/L8J7xNVeof— PLAY BATTLEGROUNDS (@PUBATTLEGROUNDS) June 13, 2017
Earlier this week we learned that the game would also be coming to the Xbox One X.
More From Polygon
- EA at E3 2017: The 8 best announcements
- Xbox at E3 2017: The 12 best announcements
- Bethesda at E3 2017: The eight best announcements
- PC gaming at E3 2017: The 11 best announcements
- Ubisoft at E3 2017: The 8 best announcements
- Sony PlayStation at E3 2017: The 15 best announcements
- Nintendo at E3 2017: The 11 best announcements