The Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring acts as the player’s hub, akin to Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls. Several NPCs here act as vendors for items, weapon upgrades, and Spirit Ash boosts. Others are part of quests, and offer secrets for their questlines.
In this Elden Ring Roundtable Hold guide, we’ll help you with the NPCs, encounters, and secrets in this location. Please note: This guide contains spoilers about the changes that occur as you progress further in the campaign.
How to access Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring
The Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring can be visited after your second meeting with Melina. Your first encounter with her normally occurs when you interact with the site of grace in Gatefront (whereupon she’ll give you the Torrent mount/summon). The second encounter occurs when you interact with a Site of Grace on the overworld as long as it’s not in Limgrave or the Weeping Peninsula — you’ll need to visit Liurnia of the Lakes or Caelid.
Once you reach it, the Roundtable Hold location in Elden Ring will have its own fast travel point when you check the map.
The central area of Roundtable Hold has, you guessed it, a round table. There’s also a fireplace. You’ll find the following NPCs here:
- Corhyn - This monk of the Golden Order teaches Incantation spells. He’ll eventually head out on a journey to Altus Plateau, becoming part of a quest to unlock the Age of Order secret ending.
- Diallos - This fighter stands next to Corhyn, and he’ll tell you about a servant named Lanya. You’ll meet him again in Liurnia of the Lakes and in Volcano Manor.
- D, Hunter of the Dead - You’ll spot D, Hunter of the Dead as you’re heading to Summonwater Village in the northeastern portion of Limgrave. After talking to him, he’ll wait for you in Roundtable Hold. He’ll then introduce you to Gurranq, who’ll accept any Deathroot items you’ve acquired.
Chamber of the Two Fingers (Finger Reader Enia)
The chamber of the Two Fingers is also in the central area. The door will only open after you defeat your first demigod (i.e., major bosses such as Godrick). Inside this room, you can interact with the Two Fingers to receive the “Rapture” emote. Likewise, there’s Finger Reader Enia, who has the following functions:
- By default, she sells regular items like Stonesword Keys (to open Imp Statue doorways), Memory Stones (to increase the number of equipped spells), and Rune Arcs (to activate Great Rune powers).
- Some major bosses that you defeat will have their armor pieces up for sale.
- Certain bosses also grant Remembrances that can be exchanged for two types of rewards. You can learn more in our Remembrances guide.
- After defeating two bosses with Remembrances, Enia will say that you can become the Elden Lord. This lets you venture forth into Leyndell, Royal Capital.
There are two NPCs here:
- Sorcerer Rogier - This sorcerer teaches Ashes of War weapon skills. You’ll first meet him in Stormveil Castle, whereupon he’ll move to the Roundtable Hold’s balcony. After defeating Godrick the Grafted, he’ll give you Rogier’s Rapier +8.
- Mad Tongue Alberich - Mad Tongue Alberich will invade once you drop down from the balcony. He’ll drop the Taunter’s Tongue, an item that allows you to lure invaders to your realm.
To your left when facing the fireplace, you’ll find these NPCs:
- Ensha - This NPC is leaning against the wall. Although he refuses to talk to you, you’ll receive the “What Do You Want?” emote when you first interact with him.
- Sir Gideon Ofnir - Gideon waits in the room that Ensha is guarding. For the most part, he’ll simply tell you about the demigods and champions that you’ll fight in the campaign.
- Nepheli Loux - Nepheli Loux is first encountered in Stormveil Castle. She’s in a small room near the courtyard with the troll that’s guarding Godrick’s arena. After beating Godrick, you’ll see her in this hallway in Roundtable Hold, where she’ll give you the Arsenal Charm talisman. She’s also part of a quest involving Kenneth Haight.
- Twin Maiden Husks - The doorway past Nepheli Loux leads to the Twin Maiden Husks. This peculiar character seems dead, but it sells various vendor wares. However, you do need to exchange Bell Bearings for those items to be part of their pool.
- Dung Eater - The room near the Twin Maiden Husks will only open after you reach Altus Plateau. The NPC here looks like an invader due to the red outline. But, he’ll mostly stay seated, goading you with talks of death and decay. He’ll later ask you to seek Seedbed Curse items, eventually leading to the Despair secret ending.
You’ll encounter the following NPCs in the eastern hallway:
- Fia - The Deathbed Companion waits for you inside a room. She’ll ask if you want a hug. If you agree, you’ll receive Baldachin’s Blessing. This gives you an HP debuff until you use the Baldachin’s Blessing item, which will then increase your poise. Fia also holds a particular secret, and a quest that leads to the Age of the Duskborn secret ending.
- Smithing Master Hewg - Smithing Master Hewg lets you upgrade weapons to their maximum limit by using Smithing Stones, Somber Smithing Stones, and Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones.
- Roderika - You’ll first meet Roderika in Stormhill Shack in Limgrave. Later, she’ll arrive in Roundtable Hold. She’ll mostly stay near Hewg, though she’ll sometimes appear next to the fireplace. Roderika allows you to upgrade Spirit Ash Summons via Ghost Gloveworts and Grave Gloveworts.
Imp Statue doors
There are Imp Statue doorways in the basement below Hewg and Roderika’s spot:
- The first room requires one Stonesword Key. There’s a chest here with the Crepus’ Black-Key Crossbow.
- The second room requires two Stonesword Keys. This has the Assassin’s Prayerbook, which can be given to Corhyn or Miriel the Turtle in the Church of Vows to obtain new Incantation spells.
Roundtable Hold changes over time
Several changes will occur in the Roundtable Hold as you progress further in Elden Ring’s campaign:
- Enia, Hewg, Roderika, and the Twin Maiden Husks. Generally speaking, these are the vendor NPCs. They’ll remain present regardless of what happens.
- Ensha. After acquiring both halves of the Haligtree Secret Medallion, this NPC will invade you. Once you kill him, return to the spot that he was guarding earlier to receive the Royal Remains Armor Set.
- Diallos and Nepheli Loux. As mentioned earlier, these NPCs are part of certain quest lines.
- Corhyn, Dung Eater, and Fia. These NPCs have quests that lead to secret endings.
- D, Hunter of the Dead. After you make a fateful decision in the Forge of the Giants, the room past Hewg and Roderika will be open. Inside, you’ll find D’s corpse, D’s Bell Bearing, and the Twinned Armor set.
- Sorcerer Rogier. Rogier will also die eventually. You can then pick up Sorcerer Rogier’s Bell Bearing and the Spellblade Armor Set.
- Sir Gideon Ofnir - Gideon will still be around, at least until you reach Leyndell, Ashen Capital much later in the game. There will be a boss fight and, upon killing him, he’ll be gone for good.
Roundtable Hold in Leyndell Royal Capital
There is a location in Leyndell that looks just like the Roundtable Hold in Elden Ring. You can learn more in our Leyndell, Royal Capital walkthrough.