If you’ve played a Far Cry game before, you know that they can be pretty overwhelming. Far Cry 5 is probably the most extreme example of this, given the amount of freedom it bestows upon you from the beginning. Polygon’s Far Cry 5 guides are designed to explain the confusion away and help you get better faster.
Check out the links to each guide below to optimize the beginning of the game, learn the best guns for hire and fangs for hire, how to get a super weird gun, how to navigate the perks (skills tree), the best ways to earn resistance meter points and much more.
- Far Cry 5 beginner’s guide. Get better, faster.
- Far Cry 5 skills and perks guide. All of Far Cry 5’s perks in one guide, and our advice about which ones to buy.
Understanding Far Cry 5
- Far Cry 5 roster guide: Guns and fangs for hire, specialists and fighters. It’s not always clear what the distinction is between specialists, fighters, guns for hire and fangs for hire. In this guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know about the people in your team
- Far Cry 5 guide: Which specialist should you use?
- Far Cry 5 guide: The best ways to earn resistance meter points: The most effective ways to power through the story and gain as many resistance points as possible.
- Far Cry 5 silver bar locations guide: How and where to find them — and the location of every cult outpost in Faith, Jacob and John’s regions.
- Far Cry 5 guide: What to sell: The kinds of maps, magazines, animal skins, feathers and fish you’ll be able to find and sell — and the prices you’ll get for all of them.
- How to finish Far Cry 5 in 5 minutes: But ... what if you don’t?
- Far Cry 5 achievements and trophies: How to earn them all.
Far Cry 5 hunting guides
- Far Cry 5’s best hunting locations: We made a map and wrote tips for finding all 19 of Hope County’s species, and learn how to get the most money out of every hunting trip.
- Our favorite place to hunt and make money fast: Our favorite spot to hunt includes lots of animals like hares, the most valuable animal in Far Cry 5.
- Far Cry 5 magnopulser guide: How to get a bizarre alien gun.