In FFXIV: Endwalker, role quests are not mandatory, but offer lots of supplementary information to the story. Our guide explains when role quests unlock and how to unlock them.
Each role has a different quest line to complete. The roles are broken up as follows:
- Tank: Paladin, Warrior, Dark Knight, Gunbreaker
- Healer: White Mage, Scholar, Astrologian, Sage
- Melee DPS: Monk, Dragoon, Ninja, Samurai, Reaper
- Physical Ranged DPS: Bard, Machinist, Dancer
- Magical Ranged DPS: Black Mage, Summoner, Red Mage
You can only complete the role quest for the jobs you meet the prerequisites for. So if you have a level 88 Warrior only, you won’t be able to do the Healer or other role quests until you have those jobs at the right level.
Role quest requirements
The role quests will open up at the level 85 main scenario quest “At World’s End.” You will need to be at least level 85 to start any of them.
Role quest starting locations
All of the role quests start in the same area of Radz-at-Han, though you’ll need to interact with different NPCs, depending on your job. All of the NPC’s can be found in the Sundrop, a room right past the Hall of the Radiant Host Aetheryte in Radz-at-Han.
The following NPCs will start these role quests:
- Lominsan Delegate: Melee DPS (Monk, Dragoon, Ninja, Samurai, Reaper)
- Gridanian Delegate: Tank (Warrior, Paladin, Dark Knight, Gunbreaker)
- Ala Mhigan Delegate: Healer (White Mage, Scholar, Astrologian, Sage)
- Isgardian Delegate: Magical Ranged DPS (Black Mage, Red Mage, Summoner)
- Doman Delegate: Physical Ranged DPS (Bard, Dancer, Machinist)