Once you finish the main scenario quest of FFXIV: Endwalker, you may want to take up a slightly harder challenge: fighting the Extreme versions of the trials you already faced. Our FF14: Endwalker guide explains where to find and unlock the Extreme trials at the end of Endwalker.
Update (April 12): This guide has been updated with the new Extreme trial from patch 6.1.
[Warning: Major spoilers for the three trials of Endwalker are below. You may not want to look this information up until you beat Endwalker.]
How to unlock Extremes at the Wandering Minstrel
All of the Extreme trials are unlocked from the same NPC we usually unlock Extremes from: the Wandering Minstrel. He’s near the docks in Sharlayan. We’ve mapped out his location below.
Once you find the Wandering Minstrel, tell him that you’d like to talk about Zodiark to unlock “The Minstrel’s Ballad: Zodiark’s Fall” and Hydaelyn to unlock “The Minstrel’s Ballad: Hydaelyn’s Call.”
As of patch 6.1, you can also talk to him about The Endsinger to unlock “The Minstrel's Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.”
After you have them unlocked, you can access the fights from the High-end Duty tab of your Duty Finder. Hydaelyn and Zodiark require your item level to be at least 560 before you can do them, and The Endsinger requires an item level of 580.
Zodiark, Hydaelyn, and The Endsinger rewards
- Zodiark’s Extreme fight will reward four random accessories per clear. It may also drop a crafting material for the Chocobo barding, the flute to summon the Lynx of Eternal Darkness mount, and an Endcaller Orchestrion Roll.
- Hydaelyn’s Extreme fight will reward one random weapon per clear. It also has a chance to drop a crafting material to make the special Chocobo barding, the flute to summon the Lynx of Divine Light mount, and an Your Answer Orchestrion Roll.
- The Endsinger’s Extreme fight will reward one random weapon per clear. It also has a change to drop a crafting material to make the special Chocobo barding, the flute to summon the Bluefeather Lynx mount, and With Hearts Aligned and The Final Day Orchestrion Rolls.
Each clear of either boss will also reward a totem. The Endsinger rewards two totems per clear.
- Zodiark gives an Astral Totem, which you can trade for an accessory at the rate of 5:1.
- Hydaelyn drops an Umbral Totem, which you can trade for a weapon at the rate of 10:1.
- The Endsinger drops Ultimatum Totems, which you can trade for a weapon at the rate of 10:1.
You’ll need to trade these totems with Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han. We’ve mapped out his location below.