Once you finish the main scenario quest of FFXIV: Endwalker, you may want to take up a slightly harder challenge: fighting the Extreme versions of the trials you already faced. Our FF14: Endwalker guide explains where to find and unlock the Extreme trials at the end of Endwalker.
[Warning: Major spoilers for the trials of Endwalker are below. You may not want to look this information up until you beat Endwalker.]
How to unlock Extreme trials in FFXIV
All of the Extreme trials are unlocked from the same NPC we usually unlock Extremes from: the Wandering Minstrel. He’s near the docks in Old Sharlayan. We’ve mapped out his location below.
Talking to the Wandering Minstrel and bringing up certain topics from his list will unlock as so:
- Zodiark: “The Minstrel’s Ballad: Zodiark’s Fall”
- Hydaelyn: “The Minstrel’s Ballad: Hydaelyn’s Call”
- The Endsinger: “The Minstrel's Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria”
- Barbariccia: “Storm’s Crown (Extreme)”
- Rubicante: “Mount Ordeals (Extreme)”
- Golbez: “The Voidcast Dais (Extreme)”
- Zeromus: “The Abyssal Fracture (Extreme)”
After you have them unlocked, you can access the fights from the High-end Duty tab of your Duty Finder. Keep in mind that all of these have item level limits, with Zeromus having the highest, requiring 640.
Endwalker Extreme trial rewards list
All Endwalker extreme trials reward guaranteed random equipment each run, but they also have an additional chance to drop loot, like mount whistles and faded orchestrion rolls. You can see all the rewards below:
- Zodiark: Four random Eternal Dark accessories, a Zodiark triple triad card, a Crystal of Eternal Darkness, a Lynx of Eternal Darkness Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of Endwalker
- Hydaelyn: One random Divine Light weapon, a Hydaelyn triple triad card, a Crystal of Divine Light, a Lynx of Divine Light Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of Your Answer
- The Endsinger: One random Bluefeather weapon, a Meteion triple triad card, a Blue Feather, a Bluefeather Lynx Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of The Final Day.
- Barbariccia: One random Windswept weapon, a Barbariccia triple triad card, a Pearl of Winds, a Lynx of Imperious Wind Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of Battle with the Four Fiends (Buried Memory)
- Rubicante: One random Flamecloaked weapon, a Rubicante triple triad card, a Pearl of Flames, a Lynx of Righteous Fire Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of Forged in Crimson
- Golbez: One random Voidcast weapon, a Golbez triple triad card, a Voidcast Pauldron, a Lynx of Fallen Shadow Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of Voidcast Savior
- Zeromus: One Voidvessel weapon, a Zeromus triple triad card, an Abyssal Diamond, a Lynx of Abyssal Greed Flute, and/or a Faded Copy of Final Fantasy 4: The Final Battle (Endwalker)
Each boss except Zodiark also gives a coffer that you can open to get the weapon for whatever job you were when opening, so they each technically drop two weapons per fight. For example, if you’re a Red Mage and you open the coffer, you’ll get a Red Mage rapier.
Each clear of any boss will also reward a totem. The Endsinger, Barbariccia, Rubicante, Golbez, and Zeromus reward two totems per clear. Zodiark’s totems can be traded for an accessory at the rate of 5:1, but all the other bosses’ totems are traded for weapons at the rate of 10:1. You can also trade the some of the totems at a 99:1 rate for the respective mount whistle
You’ll need to trade these totems with Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han. We’ve mapped out his location below.