Fortnite’s newest patch is here, and it seems to be somewhere between a Content Update, the smaller changes Epic normally reserves for off-weeks, and a full patch.
Based on the names that we’ve seen for Season 6’s patches so far, it seems like this might be the new normal with last week’s update getting the title patch v6.01 and this week’s being patch v6.02.
Regardless of what this means going forward, today’s patch does have a few big additions to the game including a new limited time mode that completely changes the game’s objectives. Also on the way in this patch is the new quad rocket launcher, which is exactly what it sounds like.
If you’re looking for a slightly shorter version of the patch notes, you can check out our tl;dr.
Limited Time Mode: Disco Domination
It’s time for the ultimate dance-off. Dance Floors have spawned around the Battle Royale island. Take them over by clearing out any enemies and then dancing to raise a disco ball up from the floor. The team that fills their meter the fastest by capturing and defending the dance floors will win the match!
- Two teams of fifty players.
- Respawning will be turned on until the third (last) storm circle.
- Five dance floors will appear on the map whenever the storm is not moving.
- Emoting on a dance floor when no enemies are present will raise a disco ball in the center of the floor, and capture it for your team.
The more friendly players dancing on a floor, the faster it will be captured.
- Once a floor is captured, it will begin filling the team’s “dance bar” on the HUD, until either an enemy stands on it or the current storm timer ends and the storm begins to move. The first team to fill their dance bar to 100% will win the match.
- The dance floors in the later stages of the match fill the bar more quickly, so don’t give up if your team is behind!
- It is not possible to build on or over the dance floors, but they can be protected by surrounding them with a fort.
- Glider redeploy is activated in this mode, press jump while falling to use your glider.
- This mode uses 50v50 levels of loot and resources.
Weapons and Items
- Fire up to four lobbed rockets in quick succession.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
80/84 base damage per rocket.
300 unit explosion radius.
- Can be found in chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
The Port-a-Fortress has returned and can be looted in-game
- Port-a-Fortress availability lowered from 2.43% to 1.83%.
Loot Drop rate adjustments
- Decreased common Pistol drop chance from 5.8% to 5.47%
- Increased Epic Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.42%
- Decreased Rare Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.92% to 0.71%
- Increased Epic Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.33% to 0.4%
- Increased Legendary Heavy Sniper Rifle drop chance from 0.07% to 0.13%
- Decreased Rare Grenade Launcher drop chance from 1.45% to 0.99%
- Increased Epic Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.59% to 0.66%
- Increased Legendary Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.08% to 0.21%
- Increased Epic Guided Missile drop chance from 0.11% to 0.2%
- Increased Legendary Guided Missile drop chance from 0.03% to 0.05%
- Removed a change that was inadvertently introduced in v6.01 which caused Bonesy to bark more than was intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused moving circles to be closer to the previous safezone than intended.
- Fixed some hitches on Switch caused by blocking loads of UI data.
- Increased the texture pool size on Xbox One, which should avoid some issues with blurry textures and improve rendering performance.
Art and Animation
- Skull Trooper styles have a visual issue when viewing the Outfit from the Locker.
The Outfit still appears properly in-game.
This issue will be fixed next patch.