The new Fortnite patch has a massive amount of content to explore. While some of the patches so far this season haven’t been so big, patch v6.20 makes up for all of them with one of the biggest patches the game has ever seen.
The biggest addition in this patch comes via the game’s Halloween event: Fortnitemares. Instead of a normal limited-time mode, this is going to be a limited-time event, which completely changes every single game across all of the different Battle Royale queues. Fortnitemares is adding new AI enemies to the game, as the Cube has come back to haunt players and is sending its minions after everyone. Killing these enemies will give players loot, but it looks like they do present some danger.
On top of Forntnitemares changing the way Battle Royale works, this patch also brings in a new reworked version of the revolver, now called the Six Shooter, as well as a whole bunch of new items in Playground mode.
Finally, on the gameplay side, patch v6.20 is significantly reducing the duration of late game circles, which should speed games up, and adding the ability to redeploy your glider to all game modes, simply by pressing the jump button again.
For a slightly shorter breakdown of what you need to know from this patch, you can check out our patch summary.
Limited-Time Event: Fortnitemares
- Cube Fragments spawn Cube Monsters! Drop in and discover the different types.
Large Cube Fragments are found near corrupted areas of the island.
Small Cube Fragments are created randomly throughout the match.
- Cube Fiends, Brutes, and Fragments all have a chance to drop loot.
- Defeating a Cube Fiend or Brute will grant a small amount of shield.
- Fiend Hunter Crossbow added. Fortnitemare Limited time weapon.
Available in Epic variant.
40 base damage
1.8 shots per second.
4x damage against Fiends
Seven Arrow magazine size, unlimited ammo.
Can be found from floor loot, chests and Vending Machines.
Weapons and Items
- Six Shooter added.
Available in Uncommon, Rare and Epic variants.
34 / 36 / 38 base damage.
Shoot from the hip for faster fire rate, or trade rate of fire for precision by aiming down the sight
Uses Medium Ammo.
Can be found from floor loot, chests and Vending Machines.
- The Rocket Launcher is now the Pumpkin Rocket Launcher.
This is a visual only change.
- Hand Cannon balance changes.
Increased damage to structures.
Epic - From 79 to 150
Legendary - From 83 to 157
Increased minimum long-range body shot damage.
Epic - From 30 to 50
Legendary - From 31 to 52
Increased minimum long-range head shot damage.
Epic - From 60 to 100
Legendary - From 62 to 104
- Stink Bomb
Increased chance to find from floor loot by 0.2%
Increased chance to find from Chests by 1.7%
Collect the tokens and avoid the obstacles while honing your building skills.
Build the structure as fast as possible.
Take out as many dummies as you can within the time limit.
- Spiky Stadium v2
Once inside the new Spiky Stadium, players will respawn at designated spawn points inside the playspace.
Vending machines provide grenades and Traps to allow you to customize your play.
A re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN.
Spawns two large wooden Pirate ships.
The minigame will split players into two teams, with the goal of destroying the other team’s ship.
- Port-A-Pirateship Ironclad Edition
Spawns two large metal Pirate ships.
Grenades and Rockets are provided for maximum destruction
- New Vending Machines have been added across the map to provide more Traps and weapons.
- A new respawn button has been added to the in-game player menu.
- The Glider Redeploy functionality that’s available in the Soaring Limited Time Modes can now be used in all game modes. Help us test this feature and let us know what you think.
When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider.
- Weapons now reload upon respawn in modes that keep the player’s inventory.
- Storm Changes
Wait time for phase 3 has been reduced from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
Wait time for phase 5 has been reduced from 70 seconds to 50 seconds.
Late game moving circles will now immediately begin traveling to a new location after it reaches its current destination.
Storm’s maximum damage has been reduced from 10 to 8.
- Players will now take 2 damage per second while in the Down But Not Out state instead of 2 damage every 2 seconds.
Maximum time in the DBNO state reduced from 100 seconds to 50 seconds if no friendly player attempts to revive you.
- Removing ability to rocket ride Quad Launcher rockets.
Fixes streaming issues on low-end iOS devices.
- The main Social List has received new art, animations, and flow.
- The Social List button has moved to the left side of the screen and can now be directly accessed with a controller.
- Controller and Touch support has been improved.
- Party Finder has been removed
All previous Party Finder functionality has moved to the new Social List.
Places that used to open Party Finder now open the new Social List.
- Added unique sounds when cycling through Traps.
- Removed the in-air audio cue for Gliders that belong to friendly teammates.
- Reduced volume of Dark Viking glider.
- Your name now always appears at the top of your squad list in-game.
- When a Challenge bundle is delayed, it will now display as “Coming Soon” rather than “Unlocking in 0 seconds.”
- Chain quests in the Challenge bundles now show the current quest number in the chain over the total number of quests in the chain.
Example: 1/2, 2/3, etc.
Art and Animation
- New variants added to the Musha and Hime Outfits that are part of the Bushido set.
No Challenges are needed to unlock these variants. If you own the Outfits they will be automatically unlocked.
- Pets no longer get stuck floating in the air after their owner drives a vehicle off a jump.
- Fixed Quadcrasher Jump Trick animation displays.
- Changes in other players’ aim and view directions are now smoother, both in-game and during replays.
- Better handling of larger memory Android devices (6 GB+)
- Custom HUD Layout users can now toggle the visibility of buttons across Combat/Build modes.
Red - Hidden
Green - Visible
Blue - Does not affect visibility
Buttons will only be shown when they are relevant to the player, even when set to “visible”.
Example: Buttons shown while holding a weapon will only be shown on screen while a weapon is being held.
- The Combat/Build quickbar is now resizeable within Custom HUD Layout.
This includes extra buttons.
- Players can now edit structures while in combat mode while holding any weapon.
- The first weapon picked now properly equips automatically.