Fortnite’s latest patch is here, and a bit smaller than the last few.
The biggest change is that balloons have arrived in the game, and will help players float around the map. Hold onto six at once and you’ll start to float toward the sky; pop them and you’ll come back to the ground. This is one of those additions to Fortnite that’s almost too vague to really understand until everyone has had time to play with it.
Also coming as a part of this patch is the end of Fortnitemares. Fortnite’s Halloween mode has been around for about a week now and while most fans seem to be having a great time fighting cube monsters alongside other players in Battle Royale, it’s time for the mode to come to an end. So, on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 1 p.m. ET, Epic is shutting down Fortnitemares and taking things back to normal.
Weapons and Items
- Epic Rarity
Comes with 20 deployable balloons
Allows the player to defy gravity by holding up to 6 balloons at a time
Primary fire button to inflate a balloon, secondary fire to leg go of a balloon
Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, Supply Llamas and Vending Machines
NOTE: Don’t float too high for too long, balloons only last so long at max build height
- When grappling as a vehicle passenger, the velocity of your vehicle is factored into the grapple force
Only occurs in instances where vehicle velocity will be a net gain to grapple force
- Grappling as a vehicle passenger will now cause the vehicle to travel in a straight line to its destination rather than traveling in an arc.
These items will remain available in Playground Mode
25 percent of explosive damage will now penetrate through structures and the environment.
We’ve finished our first week of Glider Re-deploy being available in all modes. During this time we’ve been collecting internal data and monitoring constructive feedback from all of you. We understand that not all players agree with this change, but we would like to continue with this functionality in the game based on the positive results we’ve been seeing.
As this feature remains available, we’ll begin making quality of life changes to its functionality. First of which will be prioritizing Glider audio over weapon audio within certain ranges, this will begin in v6.21. We also plan on adding additional changes in future updates.
Thanks for the discussion and feedback you’ve provided. Please continue letting us know how we can improve this feature, your thoughts on its effect in matches, and any other feedback you may have as we continue to work on Glider Re-deploy.
Additional Gameplay Changes
- Grass updates more frequently resulting in smoother animation.
- Added support for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and newer versions of PS4 and Xbox One controllers on Mac
- Fixed an issue where picking up a trap could cause a hitch.
- Certain bindings will no longer override the ability to use the fullscreen map and spectating actions.
- Fixed the delay between using multiple Small Shields.
- Fixed an issue where inventory could get stuck when using the Grappler while picking up an item.
- Map zooming with trigger buttons works on Switch again.
- Fixed an issue where holding down the left mouse button would block other inputs in certain conditions on Mac.
- Intensified Fiend Hunter Crossbow fire sounds.
- Reduced volume of Cube Monsters and dynamic spawners.
- It’s now easier to hear gliders while shooting or harvesting.
- Fixed sniper projectiles playing the wrong impact sounds when hitting Cube Monsters.
- Fixed Boogie Bomb music not playing for Cube Monsters.
- Fixed a bug causing Quad Launcher rocket explosions to reset when scrubbing replays.
- Optimization to reduce hitching on Android phones using Vulkan.
- Snap-to-value slider added to the HUD Layout tool.
- Widgets that should not have had editable visibility shown will now be properly hidden.