Fortnite’s latest patch has arrived and its got a few big additions, but not many small changes to go along with them.
The big new item in this latest patch, v6.22, is the heavy assault rifle, which shoots a little slower than the other rifles in the game, but does significantly more damage. Balloons will also be significantly more rare now, and the storm is going back to its lower max damage in the late game of eight rather than 10. There’s also a new big team game mode that focuses on the Cube Monster NPCs that were added to the game during the Fortnitemares Halloween event.
While all these changes are fairly significant on their own, its a new cosmetic feature that’s likely to be the most exciting thing in this patch for most players. Starting on Nov. 9, players can wear the uniforms of their favorite NFL team in-game, complete with customizable numbers.
Weapons and Items
- Heavy AR
Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
3.75 Fire Rate
Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We’ve reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back from 8 damage to 10 damage.
- Players hit by a Boogie Bomb while holding Balloons will no longer have physics issues. They will now properly drop the Balloons.
Limited Time Mode: Team Terror
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Limited Time Mode: Blitz
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 30 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.