Fortnite’s Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup has been adjusted once again, with the changes aimed at letting more people take Thanos for a test drive. The trick is to balance Thanos so that it’s possible to kill him, while still letting players feel powerful while they’re wearing the Infinity Gauntlet.
Here are the the changes that should help that happen.
- Increased Beam from 12 to 20 damage on players.
- Increased Punch damage from 80 to 100.
- Decreased health from 800 to 500.
These changes are on top of the adjustments that were already made to Thanos on the event’s first day, and should further change the rhythm of each round. The beam attacks and punches are both more powerful now, but Thanos’ health has seen a big reduction.
That means that Thanos will be a bit more dangerous overall, but he’ll die a lot quicker once you get his shields down. Remember that Thanos can replenish his shields by killing other players, but there’s nothing he can do to get health back. This adjustment should make it much easier to finish him off once he’s on the run.
Here are the rest of the changes coming to this limited-time mode:
- Reduced height of the Bus when dropping
- Bigger initial storm circle
- Less storm damage early game (first three storms from 5%/5%/10% per tick to 1%/2.5%/5%)
- Initial Gauntlet spawn time changed from bus ride plus 30-45s to bus ride plus 120-135s
- Increased spawn rate of Med Kits, Chug Jugs and Big Shields.
- Removed spawn of Bandages and Slurp Juice.
These changes should actually work together to slow the pace of each round overall, even if more people will get to be Thanos due to his adjusted stats. There was also an issue where some of the floor loot drops were underpowered, and they will now “only spawn Rare, Epic and Legendary quality weapons within the Infinity Gauntlet LTM,” according to the change log.
The comments in the Reddit thread announcing these changes contain high amounts of sodium, despite the entire mode being a special event that will likely be furthered tweaked to try new things and evolve with the feedback Epic Games receives from players.