Over the holidays, Epic has been releasing content updates rather than full patches, which means that additions to Fortnite have been slightly smaller. But in order to send v7.10 off in style, Epic included quite a few changes in this week’s final content update.
While the new sniper rifle is likely to be the first thing players notice about the update, it is also accompanied by a few other weapon changes as well. Epic is removing all other versions of the burst rifle — the common, uncommon and rare varieties — along with the six shooter. Meanwhile, the dual pistols have returned to the game.
Also seeing an adjustment with this update is the X-4 Stormwing plane, which is getting nerfs across the board. The plane can often dominate games and has been a frequent source of frustration for players this season, but will now take significantly more damage when it runs into structures, as well as spawn slightly less often.
With this marking the last content update for patch v7.10, the next full Fortnite patch is likely to release sometime next week.
Weapons and Items
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle added.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from chests, floor loot, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops.
- A single shot, scoped sniper rifle.
- The suppressor makes for a quieter shot, trading stealth for power.
- Deals 100/105 base damage
- Six Shooter has been vaulted.
- The following variants of the Burst Assault Rifle have been vaulted:
- Uncommon, Common, Rare
- Dual Pistols have been unvaulted.
- Dynamite drop rate reduced by 40%.
- Boom Box adjustments:
- Drop rate reduced by 33%.
- Health reduced from 600 to 400.
- Duration reduced from 25 seconds to 18 seconds.
Limited Time Modes
14 Days of Fortnite has been extended for a limited time. For the next week, drop in and complete any Challenges you may have missed out on to earn in-game rewards.
We’ll also be featuring some of the most popular Limited Time Modes that have been available over the past two weeks. Log in each day to find out which modes are available to explore.
Drop to The Block and explore the newest community creation! Bounce around in the DM Arena made by KojackNumber2.
- X-4 Stormwing adjustments:
- The knockback a player receives after being hit by a Stormwing has been decreased by 70%.
- Damage done to the Stormwing from colliding with structures has been increased by 50%.
- Impact damage reduction while boosting through structures reduced from 50% to 25%
- Increased the spread of the Stormwing machine gun by 75%.
- Stormwing spawn chance has been decreased to 80% from 100%.
- Supply Drop health has been reduced to 250/500/750 (Solo/Duo/Squad).
- The X-4 Stormwing is no longer able to fly above the max build limit.