Fortnite season 10 is winding down, but it isn’t leaving as quickly as we thought. This week’s patch, v10.40.1, will extend the duration of season 10 by a week as well as a bring the Flint-Knock Pistol back to the game.
The Flint-Knock Pistol’s return shouldn’t be too surprising to most Fortnite players. The weapon was extremely versatile thanks to its high damage and the knockback every shot has. Players can use it to take high ground by boosting themselves into the air or to stop fall damage as they’re hurtling toward the ground.
Alongside a few bug fixes, the other major change in this patch was pushing the end of season 10 back by a week. Instead of ending on Oct. 6, season 10 will now end on Oct. 13.
For a look at all of the changes coming to Fortnite in patch v10.40.1 you can find the full patch notes below.
Fortnite patch 10.40.1 notes
Weapons and Items
- Flint-Knock Pistol
We may be almost out of time, but we’re not out just yet — Season X has been extended a week!
- Gotham City and the Batman Caped Crusader Pack will be available until the end of Season X.
Out of Time
- Season X’s Overtime Mission is coming soon! The Out of Time Mission will be available from Tuesday, October 8 at 9 AM ET until Sunday, October 13 at 2 PM ET.
- Complete Out of Time’s objectives to earn end-of-Season rewards, including XP, cosmetics, and a Loading Screen that serves as a Season X memento.
- Zones Wars Desert, Vortex, Colosseum, and Downhill River LTMs have been consolidated into two LTM playlists. Queue into either playlist to play one of the four Zone Wars maps at random.
- Zone Wars: Party
Queue with a party larger than one into a free-for-all experience.
- Zone Wars: Solo
Queue by yourself into a free-for-all experience.
- Resolved an issue involving some players having difficulty queuing into The Combine.
- Because this issue has been resolved, The Combine has been re-enabled on iOS and Android.
- Resolved a level streaming issue that occurred with v10.40 causing an increase in players landing in low-detail environments on Nintendo Switch.
- Please note that this fix will result in a larger download for the system.
- Improved the performance of a cosmetic material to address hitches caused by the material.
Art and Animation
- The map now shows the correct aerial view for Gotham City.
- Improved the search bar functionality to make it easier to search for friends.
- Resolved a visual issue in which microphones would be displayed as on when players weren’t in voice chat.