While the entire team over at Epic Games may be on vacation over the next two weeks, the Fortnite content isn’t stopped. In the game’s latest patch, which is labeled a content update for patch v9.30, Epic has added a new weapon and brought back some fan favorites from the vault, including the Pump Shotgun.
Fortnite’s newest weapon is the Revolver, a powerful handgun that shoots Medium ammo. The weapon comes in Epic and Legendary varieties and that do 63 and 66 damage respectively. The Revolver can be found anyway as Floor Loot, in Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Loot Carriers.
The even bigger change coming in this patch, though, is the return of the Pump Shotgun. The Pump Shotgun is a slow firing high damage shotgun that allows players to eliminate their opponents in just one well-placed shot. It’s also the Fortnite community’s favorite weapon. The Pump was removed a few weeks ago at the beginning of Season 9, but it’s back now. Epic’s explanation in the patch notes (seen below) is that it was brought back in part because players were unhappy with the Tactical Shotgun and the Combat Shotgun, and Epic wanted to see what the game would be like with all three.
While these two weapons have been added to the game, a few other weapons have been changed or removed entirely. Both Tactical Shotguns and Burst SMGs got buffs to their damage, but decreases to their spawn frequency. Meanwhile, Impulse Grenades, Rift-To-Go, Pirate Cannons, and the Rare Tactical Assault Rifle have all been vaulted.
To see all the changes in Fortnite’s patch v9.30 Content update you can see all the notes below.
Weapons and Items
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Fires Medium Ammo.
- Holds 6 rounds.
- 63 / 66 damage per shot.
- Headshot multiplier of 2.
- Available from Floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Loot Carriers.
- Rare Tactical Assault Rifle
Comment from Epic: With the unvaulting of the Suppressed Submachine Gun, we wanted to make sure loot distribution in this class of item was well distributed.
- Impulse Grenades
- Pirate Cannon
- Uncommon and Rare Pump Shotgun
Available in floor loot and Vending Machines
Comment from Epic: There’s been a lot of feedback around the Tactical Shotgun and Combat Shotgun effectiveness, and so we’re experimenting with a world where the Pump Shotgun joins the current shotgun lineup.
- Shockwave Grenade
- Suppressed SMG
Comment from Epic: We feel the Suppressed Submachine Gun can fill a complementary role to the Burst Submachine Gun as a viable alternative.
- Common, Uncommon, and Rare Revolver
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 8.19% to 5.4%
- Headshot Multiplier increased from 2 to 2.25
- Availability adjustments
Availability from floor loot reduced from 5.03% to 3.1%
Availability from chests reduced from 18.66% to 10.32%
- Balance adjustments
Base accuracy increased by 13.6%
Jumping accuracy penalty reduced from 15% to 5%
Sprinting accuracy penalty reduced from 30% to 20%
Base damage increased from 23/24/25 to 24/25/26
Comment from Epic: The Burst SMG was dropping a bit too frequently for the role it was intended to fill. Additionally, it was underperforming when compared to similar items.
SemiAuto Sniper Rifle
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 0.65% to 0.44%
- Availability from chests reduced from 5.1% to 3.4%
- Availability from floor loot reduced from 1.97% to 1.32%
- Increased the Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle clip size from 8 to 10
- Increased player damage from 18/19 to 20/21
- Reduced clip size from 50 to 40
- Reduced fire rate from 9 to 8
Comment from Epic: Since the unvaulting, the Drum Gun has outperformed in unintended areas. This adjustment should help create more counterplay in combat.
Heavy Assault Rifle
- Increased damage from 36/38/40 to 38/40/42
- The Heavy Assault Rifle usage rates aren’t quite where we’d like. This adjustment to Damage is intended to offset some of the downsides of the weapon.
- Increased the material count from 200 of each to 350 of each
- Increased the total number of Llamas per match from 3 to 5