This week’s Fortnite update is on the smaller side of things, which makes sense considering how many changes have already come to the game this season. In this patch Epic is adding a new social hub to the mobile version of the game, as well as making some minor, but very welcome, gameplay adjustments.
The new social feature on mobile is the Fortnite Party Hub and it seems to be a way to keep players connected to their friends even when they aren’t in-game. The Hub will let players join parties and voice chat with friends regardless of whether they’re playing a match or not. These parties can be transferred to either a console or a PC, or you can stay in the mobile party and use your phone to voice chat with teammates while you play on another platform.
As for gameplay changes this patch, the largest adjustment is to circle placement. Storms will no longer be able to end at Moisty Palms, Greasy Grove, Tilted Town, or Retail Row. These four areas are all part of this season’s on-going events and each one has a special property that makes it different from the rest of the map. These changes can make ending zones there frustrating for players, so Epic is just eliminating that possibility.
For a full look at all the changes coming to Fortnite in the patch v10.31 you can see the notes below.
Fortnite patch notes v10.31
Weapons and Items
- Resolved an issue involving the Star Wand and AC/DC Pickaxes not doing the intended amount of damage.
- Because this issue has been resolved, these Pickaxes have been re-enabled.
- Storm Circles will no longer end at the following locations (in core and Arena modes):
- Moisty Palms
- Greasy Grove
- Tilted Town
- Retail Row
- Resolved an issue in which Ziplines could give players an unintended effect.
- Because this issue has been resolved, Ziplines have been re-enabled.
- When a player is eliminated, their damage towards the Storm Surge threshold will no longer be removed from their remaining teammates’ total.
Support-a-Creator codes can now be used for real-money offers in-game.
- More information on this will be available in a blog post later this week.
- Please note: For any Packs that contain V-Bucks, the revenue share will be applied to the Creator code that is entered when the V-Bucks from that pack are spent.
- Connect with Fortnite friends on the go so the party never stops. See who’s online, party up, and jump in-game together on any platform. (Or just voice chat!)
- Want to hang with friends in-game while you’re out and about? Now you can take the party with you! For more information, check out our FAQ here.
- This new feature allows you to you use two apps at once on supported iPads! Supported iPad models include:
- iPad Pro
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad Air 2 and later
- iPad mini 4 and later
By enabling Multitasking, all iPads will have the ability to rotate the screen orientation to enter Portrait Mode.
- If you don’t want to play in Portrait mode, enable Rotate Lock on your iPad.
From server on September 13
- Resolved an issue involving some Mission objectives not measuring progress.