[Possible Spoilers] Thoughts so far on the game?

I won't be spoiling anything major since I've only been able to play about 3 hours of the game, but how is everybody feeling about the game so far?

For me, the pace seems to be a bit faster than previous AC games in that story the story progresses quite quickly comparatively. Perhaps I'm not taking as much time to explore the world as I have in the others, but I feel I can leave that until near the end of the game, if I really want to find all the hidden pages and whatnot.

Also, I love Haytham. He's like a murderous Don Draper exuding the greatest confidence in his abilities. Also the humor has been spot on at the perfect moments such as when you talk to the captain of the ship taking you to America, and he nods his head in fervent agreement when Hatham threatens to cut off his head. The boisterous folk in the Green Dragon are also quite a hoot.

However, running around with Charles in tow is a bit of an annoyance as trying to sneak around with another AI character – which is a necessary part of an early mission – is just cumbersome. He often alerts the guards when he shouldn't.

How are you feeling about it so far? Was it worth the purchase? What irks you most about the game, and conversely what is your favorite aspect?

Feel free to hash out your thoughts on the storyline too, even if you need to mentions spoilers. This is a safe place for that.