Multiplayer Experience

James and I were able to rock some H5 multiplayer last night. Here are my initial thoughts:

It worked. And well... Plenty of largely branded games have experienced poor launches. I'm proud of you 343, your game worked.

Req. Packs Way better than I expected. They brought a randomized system into a fps. (I'm waiting for the day one of the cards I get is a Charizard with 120 HP)

Combat Observations/Tips:

Pistol - it's great! Not quite the original, but it makes sense! Choosing when to use my pistol or assault rifle is huge!

Ground Pound - fun... don't abuse it. Using it at the right time can create a cool and tactful play, using at the wrong time means you die :) A cool looking play is only cool if you get the kill... which brings me to my next point:

Assassinations - You can turn them off! Again... props to 343.

Ranking System - My favorite. I'm a competitive individual. I love the ranking system. From what I read, once you get into a new division (i.e. Silver, Gold, Platinum) you can NOT go back down, but you CAN go down within that division (Rank 1-5). I don't like "level based" rank systems that allow you to go up, and not down. That type of system ONLY communicates "I play this game a lot". This system can also communicate that, but it will also say how well you have performed with the amount of time you have played.

I have not played campaign and I'm not sure I will.

Forge is going to be sweet. I'm a Project Spark fanatic, I can not wait to apply what I have learned there!

What are your thoughts on multiplayer?