Heroes of the Storm Contest On Hold - Please Read

Hi folks.

We try to run our contests as fairly - and as fun - as possible here on Polygon, and that means that people aren't allowed to cheat. If we detect cheaters, we ban them.

Sounds simple, right?

Some of these cheaters are really clever at slipping through our usually super-tight net, and at this time I cannot guarantee that we're going to be able to get codes to real human beings who won't try to sell them on. I've passed on those keys for deactivation, so they're going to be real useless soon, which is real nice to know.

It's tough news, I know, and we need put a stop to it before we can continue to give these codes away. It's the only way to be fair to you, the real Blizzard fans who want into the game while in beta. I'm going to take the rest of the weekend to consider how to best handle this and next week I'll do something that isn't easy for Twitter bots to cheat at.

My sincerest apologies folks, but it just takes one determined scammer to ruin the fun for everyone. Enjoy your weekend as best you can, we'll see you next week.