Confused Over Apple's New iPad Pro!

All I can say is that I was so stoked for Apple to unveil the iPad Pro after having my iPad 2 for so long and starting to feel that the device was turning legacy. However, I'm now wondering what place the iPad Pro has amongst other Macbooks and iMacs. I guess I'm a little confused.

The iPad device should be used predominantly for content consumption, right? I use my iPad on my lap to browse web pages, watch people stream games on Twitch, check e-mail, journal with an app called DayOne, check eBay...that sort of thing. I don't ever forsee myself using it for things like Adobe Fix It, Microsoft Office, CAD programs etc which is what the presenters focused on today. Who does this? They even hinted that medical doctors could use it to demonstrate a torn meniscus to their patients by using the iPencil and drawing a tear.

I don't think Apple is marketing this device to regular consumers. It's probably going to find a place with graphic design artists or serious professionals in the enterprise who want a new toy to play with and have money to burn. It's so large that I can't forsee it being comfortable on your lap while you watch TV and the new smart connector throws a wrench in the equation (I think) when it comes to creating protective cases for the device?? The new Smart Keyboard that Apple unveiled and even the newley announced Logitech CREATE keyboard offer very light protection and we all know that iPad aluminum backs get scratched very easily even if the surfaces you place them on are fairly grit free.

I'm just not sold and was hoping someone on Polygon could shed some light on the iPad Pro and how this device should be used. We have laptops and desktops to do serious work. How can you possibly accomplish a lot on an iPad and do serious multitasking on a mobile OS such as iOS. $799 seems a steep starting point for this device coming in with only 32Gb of storage.

I'm temporarily using an iPad Air 2 right now. I bought it for $549 at Costco along with this awesome new Logitech "Logi" Blok keyboard case that turns the iPad Air 2 into a Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It offers awesome protection and now I can type pretty fast using it's physical keyboard on my lap while I watch TV. I still have ample time to return them if someone can convince me that I'd be stupid not to buy the iPad Pro. I want to like it but I don't think I need it.

HELP!