BioWare confirms Shepards fate from the Destroy ending of Mass Effect 3. *spoilers inside*

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Lz72x_medium

Several months ago, a Steam friend of mine pointed out that Tully Ackland of BioWare had confirmed that if you indeed chose the red ending of Mass Effect 3, there is an additional scene that shows Shepard is still alive after the explosion on the Citadel.

And I quote:

"You may notice that in the "Shepard lives" ending, the love interest hesitates to place Shepard’s name on the wall, and instead looks up as though deep in thought. This is meant to suggest that the love interest is not ready to believe Shepard is dead, and the final scene reveals they are correct. As the Normandy lifts off, there is hope that the love interest and Shepard will again be together."

What this means is unclear given that any post-ME3 DLC, such as Leviathan, throws you back into the main quest in order to boost your EMS rather than post-mission content; if the game ended after the mission then it would be easy to release another patch which retcons the endings yet again. Even if they did how would they address the lack of Shepard in the motion comic sequences? Or even back on the Normandy given that it takes them a while to repair the ship post crash landing, extended ending or vanilla?

How would they allow for further adventures with Commander Shepard in a believable turn of events?

So thoughts folks? Were you happy with Shepards fate in either ending? Would you be willing to take her/him into the breach of combat once more on a whole new, post-war mission?

Source:// BioWare Social Network