A Wild Video Editor Appears!

clayton in nature

Hello!

The name’s Clayton Ashley, and I’m Polygon’s new video editor. For someone with a lifelong love of both video games and making videos, it’s a pretty sweet gig.

I’m here to work with the whole Polygon team to create even more videos. My job will entail cutting, chopping and jazzing up video all day, every day. With a dedicated editor (it me), Polygon’s exceptionally talented video producers will be able focus more of their time, well, producing!

What does that mean for you, dear viewer? More videos, more original series, on more platforms. Basically, if you thought Polygon was already producing excellent video content, you’d be totally correct! But now we’re going to make even MORE!

So who am I? Like a lot of you, I’m a longtime fan of Polygon. I also wasn’t exaggerating when I said have a lifelong passion for making videos and video games. My friends and I made a 16mm throwback horror film in high school and I have a glowing nostalgia for playing Pokemon Red on my Ice Blue Gameboy. These days my taste in video games is pretty well-described by this screenshot from Divinity: Dragon Commander.

Other things:

• I like cooking fancy foods and eating not-fancy foods.
  • Sometimes I take a break from all the computers and walk around in nature.
  • I’m subscribed to about 20 streaming services, so I watch a lot of TV. Right now that means I’m slightly obsessed with Scandal, The Great British Baking Show and Seinfeld.
  • #valorlife