Polygon Monthly: Off-Topic: The Eatening (Nov 2017)

This week's header comes to you from nekobots

Welcome to Polygon Monthly, your monthly community thread where you can just hang out with the Polygon readership and have fun times. Just be sure to stick to the Polygon community guidelines though, okay? Now, let's round up recent news.

NEWS

• Telltale’s The Walking Dead getting visual upgrade in PS4, Xbox One collection by Michael McWhertor
  • Style Savvy: Styling Star coming to eShop in time for the holidays by Michael McWhertor
  • Pokémon nostalgia fest I Choose You! hits theaters nationwide this November (update) by Allegra Frank
  • PlayStation Plus games for November couldn’t be more different by Allegra Frank
  • How Monster Hunter: World is changing the series to bring in more players by Chelsea Stark
  • DC Universe Online closes down on PS3 in January by Owen S. Good
  • FEATURES

• The Original Playstation Boss by James Mielke
  • Assassin’S Creed Origins, Super Mario Odyssey And Wolfenstein 2: Which Should I Play First? by Owen S. Good
  • Is Oct. 27 The Biggest Release Date In History? by Jeremy Parish
  • REVIEWS

• Steven Universe: Save The Light Review by Whitney Reynolds
  • Super Mario Odyssey Review by Philip Kollar
  • Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus Review by Ben Kuchera
  • Assassin’S Creed Origins Review by Colin Campbell
  • The Evil Within 2 Review by Philip Kollar
  • FORUM POSTS

• Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 4 No. 11: Mythos by Kirielson
  • ON-TOPIC

• Pokégon Discussions!
  • COTD

My SNES Mini shipped out yesterday! :smile:

I had a backup one ordered from the UK, just in case I couldn’t get a US preorder. After I got the shipping notification I decided that I’d cancel that order today, but before I could it shipped out too. O_O

I guess I’m getting both styles of SNES.

by mattwhite924 - 2 Recommends

Haven’t been on here much lately, but then I haven’t really been finding much game-related stuff lately. However….

Earlier today I made a second trip to the local thrift store after finishing up a trip to the store and found this set:

This includes two Game Gears (both need work), a single case, an original Game Gear manual, two manuals for games, a link cable and the following games:

-two Sonic 2
    -two Columns
    -two Batter Up baseball
    -Joe Montana Football
    -Pokerface Paul’s Solitaire (catchy)
    -Super Monaco GP
    -Road Rash
    -Scratch Golf
    -Choplifter III
    -Greendog: The Beached Surfer Dude (weird)

Like I said, the Game Gears appear to need work (most likely need some capacitor work) but for $7.99 for the whole mess, I don’t feel badly about that.

It’s rare for me to see these deals at the thrifts nowadays, so I have to get ’em when I can.

by The Relic - 2 Recommends

Hey! :smile:

Good to hear from you. When you merged did you have to do a dance like with fusion?

by mattwhite924 - 2 Recommends

by Shaun McIlroy - 2 Recommends

Humble Beginnings friends :blush:

by sum_guy - 2 Recommends

And that's it for this month, Polynauts. Tune in next month for more Polygon Monthly news, features, and reviews. If you're looking to create a header like the one used up top, then check out the Polygon Weekly header thread. Nekobots have stolen your headers.

Remember to subscribe to our @Polygon Twitter feed for all breaking news, and @Polynauts for community updates throughout the week.