The Polygon Friend Safari Database Project

UPDATE! I've created an even easier method of implementing all this information. All you gotta do is fill out this handy dandy... FORM!

Hey everyone! How are we doing? If you're here, then chances are you're looking to expand that Friend Safari list of yours. Not to worry, we've got a whole database stocked with all the information you're looking for.

So with having a Friend Code thread, and then a separate Friend Safari thread, things were getting a bit scattered. This should solve that issue by putting all the information from both of those threads into one fully searchable spreadsheet! Let's take a look:

Linky linky.

Oh my. What a glorious sight that was, huh? Did you see the color coordination? (Took me 3 hours for that) Anyway, lets get down to the nitty gritty.

So, as stated above, the goal of this project is to compile multiple Friend Codes, player information, and Friend Safari Pokemon all into one manageable location. The way we go about doing that is by having you (the user), provide us with detailed information in the following fields:

• Username - This way we can easily identify a user with an in-game character in the chance that they are not the same.
  • In-Game Name - See the above
  • Mii Name - This is so we can identify you in the Friend Safari. Maybe some of you have noticed, but the Friend Safari displays the Mii name associated with the Friend Code rather than your in-game name.
  • Friend Code - No code, no friends.
  • Safari Type - Now, this one isn't necessary if you are unaware of the type. Simply state N/A and we'll add you and look it up for you. On the chance that you do know it, go ahead and provide it as well as the bullet info below.
  • List of Pokemon - If you know them, go ahead and list them to make for a smoother addition to the database. If not, we'll find out for you when you friend one of us.
  • Active - This last spot will be input by me/us/whoever handles this. This way we can keep track of who is more active and readily available for adding you back, trades, battles, etc.

Whew! That's quite a bit of information there. Don't worry, all we need now is your social security number and we'll send you $50,000 from the Bank of Nigeria (Note: the Bank of Nigeria doesn't dispense in US dollars, so you'll have to take the Naira and convert it yourself). Joking aside, there is one more thing that will make everything really smooth and easy if you would like to provide it.

Due to the current limitations of the site, it is impossible to contact someone directly through a PM. In order to work around this, I ask that you also provide a mode of contact you are comfortable having view-able and public. It could be a Steam ID, or an email that you check every so often. This way if someone adds you, but you don't keep up in the forums here much, they can still inform you of that so you can add them back.

This last part isn't required at all. So if you are not comfortable with giving out that information, then refrain. Just try to keep an eye on the thread for new arrivals who may add you.

Okay. All the hard stuff is done. Let's take a look at how to use this thing to the fullest.

So you got this daunting list sitting in front of you, but you don't want to waste time scrolling through it all. You're a Pokemon Trainer. Your time is valuable, you can't be parsing through an endless stream of data. So how do you find something you need? Easy.

Step 1: Click in an active field. Doesn't matter which one, just make sure it is filled.

A6njobh_medium

via i.imgur.com

Step 2: Click the Filter button. This will make the document searchable by all the fields (rice and corn fields not included).

Uxgnu1j_medium

via i.imgur.com

Step 3: Choose the field you want to search. After you've clicked the filter, the document should change. There will be little drop down arrows next to the title of each column. Click that so that you may narrow your search field. In this example we'll be looking for a Frogadier. We know he's a water type so we're going to pull up all water type Friend Safaris in our database.

Rryhu0p_medium

via i.imgur.com

Step 4: You're done! You found 'em. Now add that person and go catch 'em! After you've found your information please reset the fields to the default by clicking the filter icon again. Be kind, rewind.

Fe3rihg_medium

via i.imgur.com

There are many more to add, however my friends list is almost full, and these are the ones that from the Friend Code thread who actually added back. If you see any errors in the list, feel free to point them out for correction. There are some gaps at the moment. I'll need other people to help me fill them in. So be sure to speak up! Happy hunting!