More Pokémon Discussion 2: Discuss Harder

As is tradition (I think?) once a discussion thread reaches 1k+ posts, a new one is created. I had some free time, so I figure "why not try my hand at it?" Sorry for the very original title, by the way.

To start things off, I'd like to share cool little hack I read about recently: the homemade StreetPass Relay.

Disclaimer: Although Nintendo has yet to show any willingness to patch this method, or even to react publicly to this information, there is no telling if or when they ever will decide to put a stop to things, so please employ HomePass at your own risk.

Basically, it allows you to set up a homemade Nintendo Zone hotspot if you have a compatible device, which you can then use to spoof hotspots via their MAC address and StreetPass players from all around the world, all from the comfort of your own abode! It's not limited to Pokémon either, so you can use this for other games, such as SMT4 to pass around your Demons, or Fire Emblem to meet new StreetPass teams! The possibilities are (almost) endless! Each MAC address can only be used for one StreetPass every eight hours, but there are quite a lot of them to cycle through if you have time.

Nintendo-zone1_medium

via venturebeat.files.wordpress.com

Here's a link where someone compiled many MAC addresses. Simply browse through the different tabs near the top of the screen and be sure to read the instructions on each one before proceeding.

I've not yet set it up myself, but will be attempting it on my phone shortly. I'll be sure to report back with some updates once I'm done.

In other news, I've managed to get my hands on a Smeargle with Happy Hour Sketched onto it. It's a move that doubles the amount of Pokédollars received in the battle it's used in, and it's exclusive to special event Inkays that currently are only being distributed in Japan's new Tokyo Bay Pokémon Center. When I heard about it, the collector in me just had to get it.

300px-happy_hour_medium

via cdn.bulbagarden.net

Evidently a Smeargle is nowhere nearly as good as an event Inkay itself, but I'm just happy that people were nice enough to spread the move around in the first place. With that being said, I'll be getting to catching more Smeargles with the move Sketched onto them and sending them around, so if anyone wants one, speak up!